[comp.sys.amiga] New Atari

page@ulowell.cs.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (08/24/87)

pbrody@udenva.UUCP (Paul Brody ) wrote:
>It would be developed in England by Perihelios PLC, and the OS will be called
>Helios, and will be written by Tim King.

[Snicker snicker]

Tim King (it's Perihelion, not ..lios) used to be with MetaComCo ...
Can you say AmigaDOS?  I knew you could.  If Helios (Helion?) is
is as brain-damaged as AmigsDOS, I feel sorry for Atari.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.   page@ulowell.{uucp,edu,csnet}

dclemans@mntgfx.MENTOR.COM (Dave Clemans) (08/25/87)

I rather doubt that the Transputer represents an official Atari effort.
Instead, this is probably the transputer add-on that Kuma in England
announced over a year ago for the ST.  When it was announced it had
essentially no software; it was described basically as a "toy" that
universities/etc. could get to experiment with parallel processing.
Now someone may have just decided to do some real software for it.

dgc

miner@dino.UUCP (10/02/87)

In article  dclemans@mntgfx.MENTOR.COM (Dave Clemans) writes:
>I rather doubt that the Transputer represents an official Atari effort.
>Instead, this is probably the transputer add-on that Kuma in England
>announced over a year ago for the ST.
There already are transputer cards for the Amiga 2000.  PC based cards
talking to a bridge board on the brain-dead side of the 2000.  It's not
as nice as having them on the Amiga bus but with the dual ported RAM on
the bridge board you could set up a little development environment.  All
using currently available hardware and software + glue :-)

--
Rich miner@ulowell.edu  617/452-5000x2693  ULowell CPE Imaging Research Lab