[comp.sys.amiga] CTL-C .. anybody know how to... DME

	Here's the beef:  I've found that openning a console device will not
help DME in the least.... I want the key qualifiers and can only get them
if I put the console in RAW-KEY-EVENTS mode, but that gives me exactly the
same information as RAWKEY.  I can't use VANILLAKEY because, although it
gives me the qualifiers, it also filters out some of the keys (e.g. func keys).

(Note to C-A: How'bout making VANILLAKEY handle *all* the keys!!!!!!!!!!)

	Since I have to check break manually anyway (DME does not use stdio),
I will do so by looking at the IDCMP stream as suggested by bryce.  This
actually isn't as slow as one might think since I do not have to re-scan it
unless a new message (and thus signal) comes in.

	Also, the notorious 'cursor confusion' bug (a relatively benign
bug that occurs under certain conditions which have only just recently been
brought to light by bryce) has been fixed... and other minor items.  Added
will be a text buffer of sorts and an sscanf command allowing named files
to be extracted and used in load/save/etc... operations under DME control.

DTERM:	Currently testing the latest version which contains several bug fixes.
Will add sscanf command similar to DME's sscanf allowing The state machine
to automatically recognize a file name, remember it, and use it for file
transfers.

	For those of you not familar with DTERM, its major features are a
state machine, arbitrary key and data mapping, and a rich command set.  Mainly
used by hackers, this program does not compete with Dave's VT100 since it
can't emulate a VT100.  It can emulate anything that can be emulated by
arbitrary mappings to a standard Amiga console device.

					-Matt

jimm@mitsumi.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (10/05/87)

In article <8710012025.AA05181@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
>(Note to C-A: How'bout making VANILLAKEY handle *all* the keys!!!!!!!!!!)
>					-Matt

Because to do so would break programs unprepared to parse escape sequences
generated by the non-VANILLA keys, and because it is considered sufficiently
easy for a program to use RAWKEY events and DeadKeyConvert().

At least that was the logic for v1.2.

	jimm
--
	Jim Mackraz