[comp.sys.amiga] Coping with interlace -- workbench color prefs recommendations?

cosell@cosell.bbn.com.UUCP (10/03/87)

I just traded my 1000 in for a 2000 and I think I'm going to again
do battle with interlace.  I have a Sony 1311 monitor and long ago
I played with setlace and mostly gave up -- I never
really found a color layout that seemed to work well.  With the arrival
of my 2000, I'm giving serious thought to rejoing the combat -- if you
folks have poked around and have found color sets that seem to work
pretty well interlaced, I'd appreciate hearing what they are.  The search
space has an awful large number of degrees of freedom ..  Thanks.

  /Bernie\

Bernie Cosell                       Internet:  cosell@bbn.com
Bolt, Beranek & Newman, Inc         USENET:    bbn.com!cosell
Cambridge, MA   02238               Telco:     (617) 497-3503

jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM (Joanne Dow) (10/06/87)

In article <5050@bbn.COM> cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) writes:
> I have a Sony 1311 monitor and long ago
>I played with setlace and mostly gave up -- I never
>really found a color layout that seemed to work well.

>if you
>folks have poked around and have found color sets that seem to work
>pretty well interlaced, I'd appreciate hearing what they are.

I also have a SONY KV1311CR which I use in interlace almost exclusively. I use
a dark side of medium gray for the background, black letters, and various
muted colors for the other two. (They are hard to choose to get adequate reading
contrast without becoming flickery in their own right.)

Another trick is to carefully play with the verticle synch control til the space
between scan lines JUST fills up. ie balance the interlace so that the
odd field lines are dead center between those of the even field.

Something additional I have done is run my machine with a fairly large amount of
overscan as well. I diddled horiz height til I could fit 448 scan lines on
screen. I also use 680 dots wide. I like to see everything when I look for it.
The extra lines are nice. (Now if only some editor folks would teach their
editor/word processor/what-have-you to take a standard sized font and add a
little extra space between the lines of text things'd be perfect. I love that
trick in Diga! I have things setup for what'd be normally about 50 lines of
text; but, have it only showing 48 or so... REAL NICE!

>Thanks.

de nada.

--
<@_@>
	BIX:jdow

Remember - A bird in the hand often leaves a sticky deposit. Perhaps it was
better you left it in the bushlags.
            es,