[comp.sys.amiga] Aargh!!! -- the story continues

bart@amiga.UUCP (Barry A. Whitebook) (10/09/87)

[eat this line -- please!]

this is amiga!bart

bba@mtgzz.UUCP (b.banerjee) writes:

> Well, I looked through the papers  included with all 3 products I
> had purchased (A500, A501, 1080).  Guess what! No list of service
> centres! Not even a phone no. to call for said list!
>
> So, if anyone at CBM is  reading this, please let the appropriate
> people know, so that the situation can be corrected.

i noticed this fact about two weeks ago and made the appropriate calls to cbm/wc
they were already working on it, the problem should be corrected in the near
future... (printers need time too)

i won't go into the details, but the person responsible was able to give a valid
reason for not holding up all shipments of the a500 until the list of service
centers could be included.

--
     //----------------------------------------------------- ----------\\
    //|  Bart Whitebook, Manager of Amiga ROM Software      | {|V|)))  |\\

hah@mipon3.intel.com (Hans Hansen) (10/10/87)

In article <1956@amiga.amiga.UUCP> bart@amiga.UUCP (Barry A. Whitebook) writes:

>bba@mtgzz.UUCP (b.banerjee) writes:
>
>> Well, I looked through the papers  included with all 3 products I
>> had purchased (A500, A501, 1080).  Guess what! No list of service
>> centres! Not even a phone no. to call for said list!
>>
>> So, if anyone at CBM is  reading this, please let the appropriate
>> people know, so that the situation can be corrected.
>
>i noticed this fact about two weeks ago and made the appropriate calls to cbm/wc

So where are the service centers.  How about a list on all of the nets!??

---

As to the BAD A500 --  If you don't get a list of SSs within one week just
take your A500 to CA HQ and ask for a replacement.  THEY SHOULD BE JUMPING
WITH JOY THAT THEY ARE GETTING A DOA PRODUCT TO EVALUATE!  Nothing I can
think of will KILL the A500 faster that a lot of DOAs and an unresponsive
Customer Service Dept at CA.

Hans Hansen