[comp.sys.amiga] Configuration was Re: Virus

jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM (Joanne Dow) (10/12/87)

In article <650@rocky.STANFORD.EDU> rokicki@rocky.STANFORD.EDU (Tomas Rokicki) writes:
>I am working on a small document indicating ways of using the
>Amiga effectively.  I am mentioning, for instance, FACC, Conman,
>vd0:, using the ram disk effectively, etc.  To help me in
>this, I would appreciate a note from anyone who has a second to
>give me the following information:

Alright - you asked for it!
6 megs memory
	SB2/MFM 12.5MHz 881
	SB2/StarDrive (under development)
	Spirit Technology 1.5Meg $C00000 memory (Maybe a teeny bit flakey?)
2 3.5" floppies C=
2 5.25" floppies 80 track hack (Wizardess Design's own...)
Supra 20Meg Hard Disk (Looking real good with the newfs and new beta drivers.)
MAS-Drive_20 20Meg Hard Disk - nice and reliable. Am working on a speedup
				for it and the Stardrive controller.
SONY KV-1311CR monitor

What do I use it for? Well, demoing at various conventions, usually SF cons
trying to be commercial re Amiga's and of course bix.
Software development for various folks. (Notably Redmond Simonsen at MicroBotics

Software resident here?

The usual - Deluxe whatever, Lattice 3.10 (4.0 under beta), Aztec 3.4a (Fast but
can be a bit distressing at odd moments.), Assem (and a LOT of others but...),
Blink, Metascope, Diga!, Online!, various VT1002.x's and my hacks on them,
A-Talk PLUS (I wish I could get MY kind of screens from it...), aw heck - the
list goes on and on.

Marble MAdness seems to be the "Best Seller" for standalone Amiga demos at
Cons of the games I have.

I use Lattice more than Aztec. I use Assembler more than either of them.
Because I use obscure include files that break Aztec Asm (Nice otherwise),
asm68k, LAttice asm, and ALL the others I have I live with (yucko) Metacomco's
assem. Of course I use blink for linking.

I use Diga! for modeming, which I do a LOT of needless to say. I like the way
it can magane it's screen. I have 448 lines in interlace mode setup for 48
lines of text and title bar. That gives an extra scan line between text lines.
This is VERY nice to look at. (I wish ALL other text related software would do
this. Hello WordPerfect, Online!, A-Talk, TxEd, UEdit, Emacs, etc etc)

For the word processing I do I have been using WOrd Perfect. (And I am VERY
happy to report that they have a version that LIKES my machine finally. THis
setup I run can crash some programs in VERY interesting ways.)

For program editing and bix digesting I use TxEd. I routinely run fastfonts
with Charlie's siesta font with a couple custom tweeks. (I like my Amy bixie:
<@_@>  to look cute.) I run conman, arexx (need to do more with ht.))

I suppose the list goes on but this is verbose enough. I'd better shutup before

getting thrown of f the net for being a blabby mouthed broad.

--
<@_@>
	BIX:jdow

Remember - A bird in the hand often leaves a sticky deposit. Perhaps it was
better you left it in the bush with the other one.