[comp.sys.amiga] vt100v2.7 fixes: what about a new binary?

mb@munnari.oz (Michael Bednarek) (10/12/87)

Recently, some fixes to vt100v2.7 appeared in comp.sys.amiga.
They concerned
   o stray file locks [<922@hao.UCAR.EDU> from hull@hao.UCAR.EDU (Howard Hull),
     who referred to <48@mit-prep.ARPA> qix@mit-prep.ARPA (Ed Puckett)]
     BTW, I'm surprised that this fix hasn't been incorporated into 2.7,
     as it was originally posted in March.
   o allow more than 24 rows [<1533@sics.se> from jw@sics.se (Johan Widen)]

They were mailed as source diffs.

Is there any chance that somebody, preferably acs@amdahl.amdahl.com (Tony
Sumrall) could post an executable incorporating these essential upgrades?

Michael Bednarek
Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research (IAESR)
Melbourne University, Parkville 3052, AUSTRALIA, Phone : +61 3 344 5744
Domain: u3369429@{murdu.oz.au | ucsvc.dn.mu.oz.au}  or  mb@munnari.oz.au
"bang": ...UUNET.UU.NET!munnari!{murdu.oz | ucsvc.dn.mu.oz}!u3369429

"POST NO BILLS."

acs@amdahl.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (10/12/87)

In article <1851@munnari.oz> mb@munnari.oz (Michael Bednarek) writes:

>Recently, some fixes to vt100v2.7 appeared in comp.sys.amiga.
>They concerned
>   o stray file locks...
The comp.sources.amiga posting said that the fix for this was omitted.
I left it out intentionally as I had 4 or 5 incarnations of "the fix" and
didn't wanna post a bad one.  I knew that someone on the net would post
a fix :-).
>   o allow more than 24 rows [<1533@sics.se> from jw@sics.se (Johan Widen)]
I received some mail from Dave H. (or was it Andy F.?) about this but
didn't wanna delay the release for testing.

>Is there any chance that somebody, preferably acs@amdahl.amdahl.com (Tony
>Sumrall) could post an executable incorporating these essential upgrades?

Yup, I'll post a new binary to doc as soon as I can (including diffs).
It may not happen for several weeks, though...my real live paying job
is making more demands on my time (a shame, ain't it).  I will include
all of the fixes that I know about which currently encompasses (besides
the above mentioned ones) the fixes to script.c that the Lattice
compiler uncovered and the extern structure defs for BLINK.  If there
are any others just send 'em to me and I'll incorporate them as I can.
--
Tony Sumrall acs@amdahl.com <=> amdahl!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]