[comp.sys.amiga] AmiExpo - One View

perry@well.UUCP (Perry S. Kivolowitz) (10/16/87)

I am stunned that no one has commented on the show so far so here
goes:

AmiExpo was held October 10th thru 12th in New York City. The show
was an unqualified success.  Over 70 vendors were there as well as
8000 people.

I (of course)  was there  but was so busy (some people said ASDG's
booth was the busiest at the show) that much of the show is a blur
(so I am hoping that this message  will  spur  others to add their
comments).

The show really signifies the transition of the Amiga from infancy
to childhood. In its infancy we  were nbever really quite sure how
long the machine would hang around. The crowds we saw, and the ex-
plosive growth in new products and justified recognition, convince
us that the machine is here to stay. Hence we're now in our child-
hood where we are no longer  unsure  of the products viability and
are busy bringing about the maturing of the Amiga in its market.

The one thing I  want  to touch on is the quality of the show with
respect the near conference like quality of the talks and attende-
es. I've  presented papers at  Usenix  and other conferences and I
always feel quite strongly that here at some  particular time is a
gathering of some pretty brilliant people.

AmiExpo had this quality for me at least.  Meeting a lot of people
for the first time in person  was a tremendous thrill. But pervad-
ing the entire show was the  sense  of  excitement and urgancy and
brilliance exhibited by the (programmer/engineer types) attending.

All I can say is, we've got to do this again real soon.

(by the way - apparently  the  SDP  made quite a stir - and so did
one vendor's product for the 500 which has been clinicly proven to
be dangerous to your machines health)

Cheers

Perry

lbrown@apctrc.UUCP (Lawrence H. Brown) (10/16/87)

In article <4221@well.UUCP> perry@well.UUCP (Perry S. Kivolowitz) writes:
>(by the way - apparently  the  SDP  made quite a stir - and so did
>one vendor's product for the 500 which has been clinicly proven to
>be dangerous to your machines health)

When will the SDP be out?!! Also what are you talking about in this program
that is clinicly proven to be dangerous to your machines health? What, a
Mac/ST emulator?  Thats the only thing that would make Amy sick.. :-)

C'mon Perry, lay it on me.  WHen is the 2000-1 chassis going to be out?

--
	Lawrence H. Brown
USENET: ...!uunet!apctrc!cdf!zlhb0a or zlhb0a@cdf.apctrc.uucp (?)