[comp.sys.amiga] Watching cable TV on my monitor

ugpete@cs.buffalo.EDU (Peter Theobald) (10/10/87)

/\/\/\/\/\/\
The only video display I have is my Amiga monitor (no T.V.). I have
cable going to a T.V. in another room, and I was wondering if anyone
knew how I could have my monitor double as a TV.
	What I need is an RF-demodulator, ie. something that would take
channel 3 signal and output composite video. I don't need a tuner, except
to tune to channel 3. I know a VCR would fix this for me, but I don't
want to invest in a VCR until I can afford a very good one (I want single
frame record! :^)  ). Every device I have found in Radio-Shack etc... always
tunes to any channel you desire, but then outputs channel 3|4 RF.
	-any help out there would be appreciated.

	(I'm not adverse to a SIMPLE build-it-yourself solution. I'm not
	afraid of a soldering iron, but I'm no electrical engineer)

	Thanks,
		Pete Theobald

			Peter Theobald

SUNY/Buffalo Computer Science
csnet:	ugpete@buffalo.CSNET
uucp:	..!{nike|watmath,alegra,decvax}!sunybcs!ugpete
BITNET:	ugpete@sunybcs.BITNET

miner@dino.cpe.ulowell.edu (Rich Miner) (10/18/87)

In article <5783@sunybcs.UUCP> ugpete@sunybcs.UUCP (Peter Theobald) writes:
>The only video display I have is my Amiga monitor (no T.V.)....
>...I don't need a tuner, except to tune to channel 3. I know a VCR...

You can purchase just a tuner.  I pick one up at a large dept. store
here in Mass for about $50.  It turns the Amiga monitor into a fully
functional TV, including the ability to get channel-3.
--
Rich miner@ulowell.edu  617/452-5000x2693  ULowell CPE Imaging Research Lab