[comp.sys.amiga] 1K x 1K monitors

ccplumb@watmath.UUCP (10/19/87)

In article <162@dalcsug.UUCP> peter@dalcsug.UUCP (Peter Philip) writes:
>BUT, this capability would open up a whole new market for the Amiga, just
>think of an A2000 with a 16 MHz 68020/68881 a fast 80 Mb hard drive and
>a 1K x 1K graphics board -- the applications are endless and the price
>would be great!  Just one request to anyone working on such a board,
>make it NTSC compatible!!  I would definitely buy the above configuration
>if it was available, to use for graphics and video production, but if it
>wasn't NTSC (or adaptable) I would be stickin' to my faithful A1000.

Excuse me?  "NTSC compatible" *means* (among other things) 525 lines of
vertical resolution interlaced, or 262.5 non-interlaced.  If you just
mean "The output is decodable by an NTSC monitor, but you'll lose half
the resolution", then it's possible, but will have to wait for HDTV for
affordability.
--
	-Colin (watmath!ccplumb)

Zippy says:
I am a traffic light, and Alan Ginzberg kidnapped my laundry in 1927!