[comp.sys.amiga] CBM Ad

hsgj@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Dan Green) (10/25/87)

In this week's (Nov 9) issue of Fortune there is a print ad from
Commodore.  It looks pretty nice and (wonders of wonders) is not buried
in the back of the magazine, but is instead in a very prominent place.
It fills page 17, which is right in the middle of News/Trends --
the section that I, at any rate, always read first.

The ad focuses on desktop publishing and desktop video, in particular
touting color, video titling, and slide presentations.  Interestingly
enough, the bridge card and IBM compatibility was never mentioned.
Instead the ad has a picture of the Juggler captioned "MultiTasking".
I figure that with all the talk about OS/2 these days, multitasking
may be more of a buzzword then compatibility.

Anyways, its a lot more sophisticated then smoke veils :-)

-- Dan Green
--
ARPA:  hsgj@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
UUCP:  ihnp4!cornell!batcomputer!hsgj   BITNET:  hsgj@cornella

In article <2720@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> hsgj@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Dan Green) writes:
>Instead the ad has a picture of the Juggler captioned "MultiTasking".
>I figure that with all the talk about OS/2 these days, multitasking
>may be more of a buzzword then compatibility.

Maybe they ought to be careful about this.  Most of what I've heard about OS/2
could give multitasking a bad name.  It could be that in time, "multitasking"
will be seen as a "bug" and not a "feature"  (gotta have a 40MB hard disk and
at least 4mb of ram etc.)

:-)

Keith Doyle
#  {ucbvax,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd  Contel Business Systems 213-323-8170