[comp.sys.amiga] How to avoid the multi adaptor chasm

In article <2491@dciem.UUCP>, king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) writes:
> to make 1024x1024 resolution NTSC compatible. NONE. ZILCH. Furthermore,
> add-on graphics hardware will require custom drivers. We run the risk of
> falling into an IBM like CGA, PGA, EGA chasm which the Amiga avoids because
> ALL Amigas have the same graphics hardware (this is one reason I bought an
> Amiga).

But we could alternatively go the way of the Mac, where there are a whole
bunch of adaptors available all of which are supported by the toolbox. All
you have to do is (1) make sure that your programs all go through the kernel
instead of playing around with the hardware (bye bye, Marauder // :-<), and
(2) require that the manufacturers of said boards provide libraries that
emulate the RK for their particular hardware.
--
-- Peter da Silva  `-_-'  ...!hoptoad!academ!uhnix1!sugar!peter
-- Disclaimer: These U aren't mere opinions... these are *values*.