[comp.sys.amiga] Manx 3.40b

Jason_P_Schanuel@cup.portal.com (10/21/87)

does anyone know when the next update of Manx Aztec C will come out?
The current version is still a little buggy.

                        John

jack@cca.CCA.COM (Jack Orenstein) (10/21/87)

In article <1050@cup.portal.com> Jason_P_Schanuel@cup.portal.com writes:
>does anyone know when the next update of Manx Aztec C will come out?
>The current version is still a little buggy.
                              **************

Couldn't we keep discussions of this kind in rec.cars?

Jack Orenstein

This is not a disclaimer.

conn@stratus.UUCP (Avery Shealey) (10/22/87)

I talked to Manx today and they claim that 3.6 will be available at
the end of November. No word yet on the cost of the update. The source
level debugger will be sold seperately (at least, that is what they
told me).

Avery

Avery Shealey
School of Information & Computer Science, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
Internet:  conn@stratus.gatech.edu	 CSNet:  conn%stratus@gatech
UUCP:  ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ihnp4}!gatech!stratus!conn

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (10/22/87)

In article <1050@cup.portal.com> Jason_P_Schanuel@cup.portal.com writes:
>does anyone know when the next update of Manx Aztec C will come out?
>The current version is still a little buggy.

I called Manx, being a little irate at seeing the ad for 3.60 in
Amigaworld before they had sent me an update.  They said that they
didn't expect the issue to be shipped until November.  They said the
program should be available in early November.

Sean

--
--  Sean Casey               sean@ms.uky.edu, {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean
--  (the Empire guy)         sean@ms.uky.csnet,  sean@UKMA.BITNET

rhuebner@cup.portal.com (10/22/87)

There's a rev. 3.6 advertised in the November AmigaWorld.  It apparently adds
optimization and support for a source level debugger (which apparently costs
$75, sold separately).  I called to find out about upgrading, and was told
that it would be available the first week of November.

klm@munsell.UUCP (Kevin (with the fiberglass reinforced left foot) McBride) (10/26/87)

In article <903@stratus.UUCP> conn@stratus.UUCP (Avery Shealey) writes:
>I talked to Manx today and they claim that 3.6 will be available at
>the end of November. No word yet on the cost of the update. The source
>level debugger will be sold seperately (at least, that is what they
>told me).

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!  I seem to be having really lousy luck lately.
Maybe I'll just sell my Amiga and invest the money in the stock
market.

Oh, Piss. I should have known that 3.6 would come out right after I
finally broke down and paid my $50 to upgrade to 3.4 (from 3.2a)

Anybody interested in a program that prints checks?  I'm thinking
about writing one.  Writer's cramp is really getting me down.

Oh yeah... :-)

BTW, in the latest round of Lattice vs. Manx discussions somebody mentioned
that Lettuce has a BBS and was wondering if Manx does too.  Yes, Manx has
a BBS.  I've called it a couple of times.  Yawn.  Zzz...

--
Kevin McBride, the guy in the cast   //       | Your mind is totally controlled
Raquetball - the only way to        //        | It has been stuffed into my mold

conn@stratus.UUCP (10/29/87)

I talked to Manx again the other day and they told me somehing a little
different. The source level debugger is $75. If yoou already have the
compiler, the update comes with the debugger. Whether they fibbed, who
knows? Take it all with a grain of salt.