[comp.sys.amiga] gadget editor? will it EVER work?

spencer@ogg.cgrg.ohio-state.edu (Steve) (10/26/87)

I am wondering if a WORKING version of EGAD was ever released to the
net.Amiga.community.  I have one which won't work and was wanting to
use it the other day.

thanks...

--
...I'm growing older but not up...       - Jimmy Buffett

Stephen Spencer, Graduate Student
The Computer Graphics Research Group
The Ohio State University
1501 Neil Avenue, Columbus OH 43210

{cbosgd,ucbvax}!osu-cis!ogg!spencer
               OR
osu-cis!ogg.cgrg.ohio-state.edu!spencer

mike@ames.UUCP (11/01/87)

["the poor bastard still spells library with one 'r'. . .", A. Dent]

In article <933@ogg.cgrg.ohio-state.edu> spencer@ogg.cgrg.ohio-state.edu (Steve) writes:
>I am wondering if a WORKING version of EGAD was ever released to the
>net.Amiga.community.  I have one which won't work and was wanting to
>use it the other day.
>
>thanks...

The original "Classic" Egad does work, sorta, if you sweet-talk it and
back up alot. I used it to build up a screen for Galileo that would've
taken about 2 days of wood-pulp bit twiddling to do. With Egad! it took
all of 2 hours.

--
				   *** mike (powered by M&Ms) smithwick ***
"ever felt like life was a game, and

bryce@hoser.berkeley.edu.UUCP (11/02/87)

In article <3267@ames.arpa> mike@ames.UUCP (Mike Smithwick) writes:
>["the poor bastard still spells library with one 'r'. . .", A. Dent]
>
>In article <933@ogg.cgrg.ohio-state.edu> spencer@ogg.cgrg.ohio-state.edu (Steve) writes:
>>I am wondering if a WORKING version of EGAD was ever released to the
>>net.Amiga.community.  I have one which won't work and was wanting to
>>use it the other day.
>
>The original "Classic" Egad does work, sorta, if you sweet-talk it and
>back up alot...

WARNING!  EGAD uses the ReportMouse() function.  To get EGAD to work
at all you must call ReportMouse() like so:

ReportMouse(Window,Boolean);	/* Manx */
ReportMouse(Boolean,Window);	/* Lattice */
ReportMouse(Window,Boolean);	;Assembler
	    d0     a0		;

Do it with some #ifdefs.

THIS GOES FOR ANY PROGRAM THAT USES ReportMouse()!!!

Remember that Crunch is a fantastic coder, but one who who has been
characterized in print as the master of Kludge code.  The story
goes that he is the type that would take a program that
that was to add 4 and 2, but got the answer 5,  and fix it by adding
1 to the returned result.
(-: Maybe he wrote MoveSprite() :-)

He recently wrote something on the same lines as EGAD (but much better)
for the Macintosh.

If you care about what you are doing, and are not up to sweet-talking
EGAD, get PowerWindows 2.0.

|\ /|  . Ack! (NAK, SOH, EOT)
{o O} . bryce@hoser.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!hoser!bryce
 (")
  U	"You can count how many seeds are in an Apple, but not how
	 many Apples are in a seed." -Ken Kesey