[comp.sys.amiga] Source Level Debugger

I just ordered the MANX Source Level Debugger (which comes with MANX 3.6) and
there is some good news and some bad news:

Good news: if you got your original MANX (3.20a or 3.40) less than twelve
           months ago, the debugger is only $50, not $75.

Bad news: The debugger is not finished yet.  They will ship in December,
          though one can place the order right now.

Note:  I am getting both Lattice 4.0 and MANX 3.6, so I do not endorse either
one of them in particular.  In fact A-Talk is Lattice-compiled, while A-Talk+
is MANX-compiled.

-- Marco Papa
   Felsina Software

lah@raybed2.UUCP (LANCE HOLMES) (11/03/87)

In article <4984@oberon.USC.EDU>, papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) writes:
> I just ordered the MANX Source Level Debugger (which comes with MANX 3.6) and
> there is some good news and some bad news:
>
> Good news: if you got your original MANX (3.20a or 3.40) less than twelve
>            months ago, the debugger is only $50, not $75.
>
> Bad news: The debugger is not finished yet.  They will ship in December,
>           though one can place the order right now.

Also the other bad news is that this $50 upgrade is only good for
persons who own the commercial version of the software NOT the developers
package

---- Lance Holmes

schwager@uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu (11/04/87)

> /* Written  3:24 pm  Nov  2, 1987 by papa@pollux.usc.edu in uiucdcsm:comp.sys.amiga */
> /* ---------- "Source Level Debugger (SDB) and MAN" ---------- */
> ...tastefully edited....
> I just ordered the MANX Source Level Debugger (which comes with MANX 3.6) and
> there is some good news and some bad news:
>
> Good news: if you got your original MANX (3.20a or 3.40) less than twelve
>            months ago, the debugger is only $50, not $75.
>
> Bad news: The debugger is not finished yet.  They will ship in December,
>           though one can place the order right now.
>
> -- Marco Papa
>    Felsina Software
> /* End of text from uiucdcsm:comp.sys.amiga */

Great!  That means that come February when the major bugs have been
found, I can spend another $25 or so to get the debugged version!
Such a deal!
-mike schwager, disgruntled (you should see my face :-| ) 3.4a owner
-- {ihnp4,convex,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!schwager   schwager%uiuc@csnet-relay.arpa
	University of Illinois, Dept. of Computer Science

P.S. What else does upgrading to 3.6 get me?  Anything?  I've got 3.4a
Developers...
P.P.S. Just saw the manual for Lattice 3.40.  Nice.  I want one.