[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 3.03 - 4.0 Upgrade policy

bact@ssc-vax.UUCP (Archie A. Auxter) (11/02/87)

Does anybody know of a Lattice upgrade for 3.03 C to Lattice 4.0?
How does one go about getting the upgrade if it exists??

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (11/03/87)

In article <1494@ssc-vax.UUCP> bact@ssc-vax.UUCP (Archie A. Auxter) writes:
>Does anybody know of a Lattice upgrade for 3.03 C to Lattice 4.0?
>How does one go about getting the upgrade if it exists??

  I am a registered owner of V3.10 and received a letter (US MAIL) with
  all the details and costs of updating to V4.0. Since I cant find my
  letter right now with the exact costs and details, here is the phone
  number for Lattice (312) 858-7950. Hope that helps some.

--
   Dan Schein			 	uucp: {ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore Business Machines		or: {allegra|burdvax}!cbmvax!schein

bryan@mothra.cs.utexas.edu (Bryan Bayerdorffer) (11/03/87)

In article <1494@ssc-vax.UUCP> bact@ssc-vax.UUCP (Archie A. Auxter) writes:
=-Does anybody know of a Lattice upgrade for 3.03 C to Lattice 4.0?
=-How does one go about getting the upgrade if it exists??

	Easy.  Just send $75 to the address on the back of your 3.03 manual
(it's also on the disk label), with a short note saying that you want v4.0 C
for the AMIGA (be sure to specify this!), and a return address.  If you're not
sure that you're a registered 3.03 owner, also send a photocopy of the disk
label (or the sticker on the back of the manual, which should be the same).
I'm assuming you have at least one of these :-)  I sent in my registration
card, but when I called Lettuce to find out all this good info, they claimed
never to have heard of me, so play it safe and send in a copy of your disk
label.  It also helps if you mark the outside of the envelope with
'ATTN: Software Updates' in large friendly letters.

/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/_____/
|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|
_No dark sarcasm in the classroom|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|___
|____Teachers leave the kids alone__|_____|_____|bryan@mothra.cs.utexas.edu___|
___|_____|_____|_____|___{ihnp4,seismo,...}!ut-sally!mothra.cs.utexas.edu!bryan
|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|

rminnich@udel.EDU (Ron Minnich) (11/04/87)

In article <1494@ssc-vax.UUCP> bact@ssc-vax.UUCP (Archie A. Auxter) writes:
>Does anybody know of a Lattice upgrade for 3.03 C to Lattice 4.0?
>How does one go about getting the upgrade if it exists??
The number is 1-800-533-3577. Cost is 75 bucks. If you got your
lattice from Commodore then you do not have a registration number
and must send them the disk labelled 'Amiga C'. If you have
a registration you are OK. I have sent for mine.
  PC FILE SERVERS! I saw that guy's note. Go get Karns TCP/IP
for PC, get amigatcp for amiga (louie.udel.edu has both),
and hook em together, and you have ftp at least. nice stuff.
I have a friend who has networked his Amiga and his PC.
   Anybody out there doing X? As soon as i get my lattice 4.0
i plan to port the simple frame buffer code to the Amiga. Can
anybody do it first (please, ???)?
ron

--
ron (rminnich@udel.edu)

nj@ndmath.UUCP (Narciso Jaramillo) (11/05/87)

For any questions about Lattice C upgrades, try their upgrade service
number: (312) 916-1600 (ask for "Upgrade Service").

Or try the Lattice BBS ((312) 916-1200) which has information on the
upgrade.  3.03 or earlier -> 4.0 is $75; 3.10 -> 4.0 is $45.  If you
are a registered 3.03 owner (and didn't buy from Commodore--more about
that later), you should have gotten an upgrade card in the mail.  If
you didn't get the card, or you bought it from Commodore (you can tell
if you bought it from Commodore because the disk is the standard stylized
checkmark with "Amiga C" on the front), you have to send in the disk itself
or a photocopy of its label along with the check.

The address is Lattice Upgrade Services
               P.O. Box 3072
               Glen Ellyn, IL  60138

Oh, by the way, I am not even remotely connected with Lattice.  I'm just
passing this stuff along; I got the info from one call to the -1600 line
and one call to the -1200 BBS (which, by the way, runs at 8N1, 300-9600
baud).  I'm almost certain the information is exactly correct.  I haven't
sent in my upgrade request yet.

To play it safe, you should call the -1600 line, but if you trust my
memory and you don't want to waste the long distance call, go with the
above.  :-)

nj

--
nj: ...!ihnp4!iuvax!ndmath!nj, ...!ucbvax!mica!nj