[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 Hard Disk

parris@mit-caf.UUCP (11/05/87)

A BIG Hello to Amiga-addicted lifeforms Everywhere

A friend of mine has a 2000 on order.  He also got the A2090 HD controller and
a 40 Meg HD (obviously he isn't a student :-)).  He asked me a question which
I could not answer and so I thought I would relay it.  With this controller,
and the software supplied, what possibilities exist for partitioning the HD
into Amy space and MSDOS space?

Thanks for any and all replies

--
  It's better to burn out than fade away -- The Kurgan "Highlander"
                Patrice Parris             parris@caf.mit.edu

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (11/06/87)

In article <510@mit-caf.UUCP> parris@mit-caf.UUCP (Patrice Parris) writes:
>With this controller,
>and the software supplied, what possibilities exist for partitioning the HD
>into Amy space and MSDOS space?

With that software, and the PCDisk/JLink software supplied with the Bridge card,
one can set up a PC virtual disk on the Amiga hard disk (or the Amiga ramdisk,
or the Amiga floppy, for that matter).  Its a standard PC virtual disk,
which means that your PC can't boot off it; but other than that
its fine.
--
andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Interfere?  Of course we'll interfere.  Always do what you're best at,
 I always say."