[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga in TV ad?

john13@garfield.UUCP (John Russell) (10/29/87)

--
There have been a lot of "Max Headroom"-style ads lately, using lots of
video screens and equipment. Today I noticed one where a guy is in a room
with, yes, a lot of video screens, and then we get a shot of him through
a video camera with crosshairs on the display. It looked suspiciously like
Amiga video (ie the flicker was noticeable), so I kept a close eye on it.

There are a lot of quick shots around the room, with computers that could be
Amigas (not sure if others might be there as well), and also a lot of quick
(almost subliminal) screen shots. Here's the good part -- I'm 99% sure that
one of those instantaneous flashes of computer screens shows an Autorequest
box in the top left corner of the screen! I just hope it wasn't "software
failure... task held" ;-).

John
--
"Like, bitchin' man! Totally awesome."
		-- Valley Spock

hobie@sq.UUCP (11/08/87)

John Russell (john13@garfield.UUCP) writes:
>--
>There have been a lot of "Max Headroom"-style ads lately, using lots of
>video screens and equipment. Today I noticed one where a guy is in a room
>with, yes, a lot of video screens, and then we get a shot of him through
>a video camera with crosshairs on the display. It looked suspiciously like
>Amiga video (ie the flicker was noticeable), so I kept a close eye on it.
>John

	This ad was done on Amigas here in Toronto.  Two of the people at
our Amiga user group meeting worked on it.  They showed a 30 and 90 second
version of it.  They used a genlock and, I think, Videoscape to do the
rotating fork and stuff.
	We also saw the new Canadian Commodore Amiga commercials that a friend
of mine (Derek Grime, Beyond Graphics) did.  They (2 English and 2 French) show
a guy at a desk talking on the phone, explaining how he can do spreadsheets and
printing and music video at the same time.  It ends with:

MAN: "Try that on your Mac, Jack"
PHONE: <Click> <buzzzzzzzzz>
MAN: "Jack?"

The other is similar but he says: "Try that on your Tandy, Andy"
I suggested "Try that on your clone, Joan" but that was too late to be acted on.

 Hobie Orris			 	|
 guest of SoftQuad Inc., Toronto, Ont.	|"There'll be no more giant leeches
 {ihnp4 | decvax | ? }!utzoo!sq!hobie	| When you find the good Lord Jesus"