[comp.sys.amiga] MouseTime

In article <8711092058.AA24245@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
>>	None of the current crop of hard disk controllers feels at all
>>right.  None of the clock/calendar accessories seem right.  LIVE seems okay
>
>	I dunno, my prize from the badge killer demo contest was MouseTimes,
>a clock-calendar that plugs into the second mouse port of my A1000.  It
>works great! (and doesn't use the parallel port!).  No more typing in the
>date everytime I reboot...

	I had the MouseTime in mind when I wrote that statement.  MouseTime
doesn't report the seconds (+- 30 secs resolution), makes Dark Castle toss
its cookies (okay, this is a non-problem, but it had me puzzled for a few
minutes), and you have to cycle power on it to get it back if you disable
it.  I'm afraid to try it with my prototype 3D glasses driver.  I also have
to install something on my already-full startup disk to read it.

	I want one that auto-configs (I think the auto-config spec provides
for this sort of thing), and is invisible to all other peripherals, whatever
they may be.  It seems like such a beast could be put onto the unused board
space of a hard disk controller or some such.

	Am I being unreasonable?

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	ihnp4!ptsfa -\
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	      dual ---> !{well,unicom}!ewhac