[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga on T.V..... Twice in one night...

ugmiker@cs.buffalo.EDU (Michael (What Am I WOOD??) Reilly) (11/06/87)

HI all....
     Well, I could hardly believe it, I was saw the amiga on T.V.
twice  in  the same half an hour today.  Actually, once saw, once
mentioned.  There is a game show here in buffalo, from a canadian
station,  on at 4:00 pm, (I think) that uses the "Amiga Computer"
to pick out five letter words for contestants to try to pick.   I
guess  the  computer also controls the games board.  The game it-
self isn't the greatest,(but then again, how many  are  :-),  but
the  M.C.  actually  mentioned the computer on air, and the amiga
also gets credit at the end of the  show....(The name of the show
is LINGO (????).

		:->  WAY  to  go  commodore :->

     Also, right after that, I switched to another channel (cana-
dian again), and saw an Amiga commercial that riveled some of the
ideas on the net(actually it sounded like alot of  the  ideas  on
the  net,  from a couple of months back).  Here is roughly how it
went:

There is a kid(teenager) sitting at a desk  with  a  computer  in
front of him, you see him from the side, so you really don't know
what kind of computer it is.

          The Phone rings.....
          "Hi .. Jack" the teenager says....
          "yeah, I am printing the newsletter from our club right
          now on my AMIGA "

          "OH, so then I guess you have some free time  to  talk",
          the person(jack) on the other end says..

          "Not really, My Amiga multitasks, I am also editing  my
          video "  amiga joe says
          "I am putting MY video image on top of some graphics  I
          made " he continues

          ----as the screen is shown, and you see a person  play-
          ing a guitar, and the screen is changing  colors..
          ----plus  you  also  hear some music....

          "WOW, and listen to that music!!!! " says jack  on  the
          phone...

          and amiga joe replies...

          "yeah, four channel stereo Sound !!!!" "try to  do  all
          that on your monochrome mac.. JACK !!!!!! "
          CLICK.......dialtone.....
          JAck???? hello????

END OF COMMERCIAL.....

     Congratulations Commodore, I laughed when I saw the  commer-
cial,  it was great, I am glad you finally found an ad agency, or
listened to the net.....

T`anks....

                                                        mike

p.s. I liked it, I hope I conveyed it well, and didn't make it sound
     stupid, it wasn't, it was good....

Apathy ??? ahhhh who cares about that ....(besides of course me :-)
Mike Reilly
University of Buffalo Computer Science
csnet:	ugmiker@buffalo.CSNET
uucp:	..!{nike|watmath,alegra,decvax}!sunybcs!ugmiker
BITNET:	ugmiker@sunybcs.BITNET   <-OR->   ACSCMPR@ubvmsc.BITNET

ccplumb@watmath.UUCP (11/11/87)

In article <6345@sunybcs.UUCP> ugmiker@sunybcs.UUCP (Michael (What Am I WOOD??) Reilly) writes:
>     Well, I could hardly believe it, I was saw the amiga on T.V.
>[...]
>     Also, right after that, I switched to another channel (cana-
>dian again), and saw an Amiga commercial that rivalled some of the
>ideas on the net (actually it sounded like a lot of the ideas on
>the net, from a couple of months back).

Yes, I just saw it yesterday, and got a strong sense of deBjaA vu.
(That should look right if your terminal supports the ISO 6937 8-bit
ASCII standard.)  It was a lot like the idea posted about the Mac, IBM,
and Amiga users in their offices.  The only thing missing was a shot of
a screen being pulled down (always a jaw-dropper first time).
--
	-Colin (watmath!ccplumb)

Zippy says:
The entire CHINESE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM all share ONE personality --
 and have since BIRTH!!