[comp.sys.amiga] Commodore 68020 and general market share question

rminnich@udel.EDU (Ron Minnich) (11/11/87)

In article <2720@cbmvax.UUCP> welland@cbmvax.UUCP (Bob Welland) writes:

>I was dissapointed to see that no one who was at the  COMDEX
>show reported on the Commodore 68020 board for the A2000. It
>was shown in the booth by Dave Haynie (he and  I  where  the
>designers). It has some nice features !

   This brings up a question. How much would it cost to build
a 68020 based 2000+nice monitor that would equal or exceed
a MAC II? In other words, can you get a MAC II scale machine
out of a 2000 and how much would it run you?
   Which brings another question. I have been thinking for a while
that the 500 would be an ideal entry-level X windows platform. For
$700 or so you could build a reasonable X-windows device. These would
probably sell (esp. to universities) like hotcakes. Now that i have
Lattice 4.0 I am going to have a wing at the simple 'mfb' X device- after
i get net: working (ha ha) that is!
ron

--
ron (rminnich@udel.edu)