[comp.sys.amiga] Hedley-extinguisher

rogerh@arizona.edu (Roger Hayes) (11/11/87)

Just for the record:

I have a new & shiny A500, I love it, I tell all my friends and colleagues
to buy one.  I have to stifle myself in research seminars lest I burst out
with cries of "the Amiga already *does* that!".  Good job, y'all!

I think you spent money in the right places (keyboard, custom chips) in
the A500, while leaving the door (or SOTS) open for expansion.  It seems
that a SOTS box with memory and a SCSI port would satisfy most needs.

The only suggestions I have for the next generation are:
1) To be able to grab text to the clipboard and to fetch it back, using the
mouse.
2) A resolution and device independent IFF graphics format.

	Thanks for a job well done,
	Roger Hayes
	rogerh@arizona.edu

lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu (Gerard Lachac) (11/12/87)

In article <2771@megaron.arizona.edu> rogerh@arizona.edu (Roger Hayes) writes:

>The only suggestions I have for the next generation are:
>1) To be able to grab text to the clipboard and to fetch it back, using the
>mouse.

There is a program that does this (sort of) in the public domain.  It's
called SNIPIT and will capture text using the left-Amiga key and mouse
from any CON: window and allow it to be placed in any other CON: window.

It's kinda cute, and available on all the major services I believe.
(CI$,GEnie,Plink)

--
		"Truth is false and logic lost..."
					- Neil Peart