[comp.sys.amiga] Flame on 1000-->2000 for $1000

cjs@oberlin.UUCP (chris seline) (11/04/87)

I hope someone at Commodore will tell upper-level managment about this:

My College, Oberlin, through a deal with Apple, will sell me an MAC+ with two
drives for $1200.  So...why should I pay Commodore $1000 for a machine that
doesn't even have a decent McWrite ripoff.

...Sure there are good reasons, but I feel abandoned by Commodore.....

>I hope someone at Commodore will tell upper-level managment about this:
>
>My College, Oberlin, through a deal with Apple, will sell me an MAC+ with two
>drives for $1200.  So...why should I pay Commodore $1000 for a machine that
>doesn't even have a decent McWrite ripoff.

	I gather Commodore seriously considers Apple, IBM, and others.  Then
again, I don't give a hoot about McWrite and rather like what that 1000
dollar Amiga gives me better than any Mac on the market.... even a Mac II.  (I
deplore not utilizing a processor like the 68020 to its maximum capabilities).
It is also a case of Apple's approach being against my instincts.

					-Matt

mxk4585@ritcv.UUCP (Mike Kirkpatrick) (11/10/87)

In article <658@oberlin.UUCP> cjs@oberlin.UUCP (chris seline) writes:
>I hope someone at Commodore will tell upper-level managment about this:
>
>My College, Oberlin, through a deal with Apple, will sell me an MAC+ with two
>drives for $1200.  So...why should I pay Commodore $1000 for a machine that
>doesn't even have a decent McWrite ripoff.
>
>...Sure there are good reasons, but I feel abandoned by Commodore.....

Stop whinning and get an MAC+ then! If you can't see the advantages of the
Amiga over the MAC+ then you dont know what you are talking about.

Sorry but I'm getting tired of seeing people whinning, bitching and critizing
the Amiga, its a GREAT machine although it isn't perfect, I'm perfectly happy
with it.

And a side note, why do you think Commodore has abandoned you? They came out
with the 500, 1000 and 2000 that are still 100% software compatiable with
each other except for a few current incompatiablities in the hardware add ons
between the three machines but will be eliminated in the very near future (if
there are any that hasn't been done yet).

Mike

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
| UUCP:    {allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!mxk4585			       |
| ARPANET: mxk4585%rit@csnet-relay		      "Amiga is IT"            |
| BITNET:  mxk4585@ritvax.bitnet                                               |
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#

daveh@cbmvax.UUCP (11/12/87)

in article <658@oberlin.UUCP>, cjs@oberlin.UUCP (chris seline) says:

> My College, Oberlin, through a deal with Apple, will sell me an MAC+ with two
> drives for $1200.  So...why should I pay Commodore $1000 for a machine that
> doesn't even have a decent McWrite ripoff.
>
> ...Sure there are good reasons, but I feel abandoned by Commodore.....

Well, Oberlin is hardly the computer science center of the universe.  Maybe
all you guys want is word processing on your computers.   And they tell me
that ProWrite is a decent MacWrite rip-off; I wouldn't care, I don't like
MacWrite.  However, I do like the school deals Apple offers.

(Note implied :-) on my Oberlin comments; one of my sisters went there, so it's
 obviously a top-notch school.  Of course, I went to CMU, which IS the computer
 science center of the world, despite what MIT and Berkeley think).
--
Dave Haynie     Commodore-Amiga    Usenet: {ihnp4|caip|rutgers}!cbmvax!daveh
   "The B2000 Guy"              PLINK : D-DAVE H             BIX   : hazy