[comp.sys.amiga] Disks 103-110 now available

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (10/29/87)

Hi everyone, time for another new batch of disks.  If you sent me
material for my library since the last batch of disks, and it doesn't
show up here, don't panic!  I'm still digging out from under the
pile and expect to release another batch in a week or so (along with
some of the contents of the Badge killer demo contest).  Then I get
to start sorting through the 10 megabytes of usenet stuff that has come
in since the last batch.  Talk about a flood of goodies!

For those that are new to this newsgroup, or the Amiga in general, you
can obtain a catalog disk, listing the contents of the entire library,
by simply sending me a blank disk and a couple of loose first class
stamps.  Send to:

	Fred Fish
	Catalog disk request
	1346 W. 10th Place
	Tempe, Arizona  85281
	USA

Mailing of preordered disks begins tonight and should be complete by
this weekend.  So watch your mailboxes...

Below is a list of the contents of disks 103-110:

CONTENTS OF DISK 103
--------------------

AvlTrees	Library and test program that implement routines for
		creating and using balanced binary trees (AVL trees)
		held entirely in memory.  Includes source.
		Author:  Paul Vixie

Calc		A programmable calculator program with similarities to a
		hand-held RPN calculator.  Can run either interactively
		or in "script" mode by reading programs from a file.
		Version 1.0, shareware, binary only.
		Author:  Bob Brooks

Cref		A C cross referencer program.  Includes source.
		Author:  Mike Edmonds; Amiga port by Joel Swank

DosKwik		A pair of programs which allow you to save files, or
		a group of files, to one or more floppies for quick
		store files in DOS format, which is why it is faster.
		Binary only, shareware.
		Author:  Gary Kemper

IntuiDOS	IntuiDOS is a program to give improved control over,
		and handling of, the material on all diskettes in the
		'CLI-area' by employing a multi-disk, scrollable
		directory and using Intuition techniques to issue
		DOS commands.  Written in assembler.  Binary only.
		Author:  Lennart Sandin

MFF-Update	A text import utility for MicroFiche Filer (demo version
		released on disk 89) and updates to some PD disk library
		databases.  Binary only.
		Author:  Gary Samad

Pack-It		Pack-it will take all the files and directories on a disk
		and pack them into a single file for electronic transmission
		via modem.  Binary only, shareware.
		Author:  Gary Kemper

Sol		Amiga version of solitaire game posted to usenet some
		time ago and modified to use Amiga console control codes
		in place of curses calls.  Includes source.
		Author:  David Goodenough; Amiga port by Joel Swank

CONTENTS OF DISK 104
--------------------

This is disk 104 of the freely distributable AMIGA software library.
This disk contains a copy of Glenn Everhart's large and powerful
spreadsheet program called AnalytiCalc, submitted to me directly by
Glenn for inclusion in the library.  The remainder of this file
is Glenn's "Abstract.txt" file that describes AnalytiCalc.
Source and documentation is included on the disk in arc'd form because
it otherwise would not all fit on the disk.

	AnalytiCalc Abstract:

	AnalytiCalc is a large and powerful spreadsheet program with
sufficient extra features to have some pretentions of acting as an
"integrated system". It is a virtual memory system supporting up to
18000 columns and 18000 rows, multiple equations per cell, an outlining
system, built-in cell annotation, and datafile access from any cell(s)
of the sheet, plus an array of functions not present in most commercial
spreadsheets. This disk represents the initial Amiga port of AnalytiCalc,
and as such the console interface is somewhat crude and in addition requires
use of a custom keymap (one such is supplied) for sensible operation. This
will be improved upon, but meanwhile the program is released with complete
sources, documents, and executables. The graphics program and the DIF
file access program are not yet ported; these will be released when
they are ready. AnalytiCalc for the Amiga uses files compatible with those
for AnalytiCalc on MS-DOS, VMS, or RSX-11M or IAS. An example project
planner spreadsheet is included in the distribution to show off some of
the things you can do. More example sheets will be forthcoming in the
future. AnalytiCalc also supports matrix math, FFTs, infinite windowing,
linear regression, date arithmetic, internal and external macros, LOTS
of cell addressing modes, goal seeking in up to 8 dimensions, and more.

[lots more stuff deleted for this posting  -- Fred]

CONTENTS OF DISK 105
--------------------

AsmProgs	Some misc assembly tools, programs, etc.  "AsmFilter"
		(actually in AmigaBASIC) turns the output of the Metacomco
		disassembler into a file that can be re-assembled.
		"AddKickMem" adds the KickStart memory to your free memory
		on an Amiga 1000 with Kickstart in ROM.  "Clear" fills
		unused areas of memory with a specific byte pattern.
		"L" is a replacement for the BCPL "list" program, but
		with some graphics enhancements.  "SharpFont" is an
		8 pixel non-proportional font.  "Stack" is a replacement
		for the BCPL stack program.  Includes some source.
		Author:  Glen McDiarmid and Kirk Davies

BasicProgs	Some more AmigaBASIC programs.  LeastSquare solves
		least squares problems and graphs the results.  Curves
		is a demo of one use for LeastSquare (find curves to
		fit a set of points).  Freud is a Freudian analysis
		program.  Includes source, needs AmigaBASIC from Extras.
		Author:  George Trepal

Bison		A replacement for unix "yacc" command.  This is from
		the GNU (GNU is Not Unix) effort, and was obtained
		from the Free Software Foundation.  This is an update
		to the version on disk 51, with some more bug fixes
		provided by Fred Walter.  Includes source.
		Author: Bob Corbett and Richard Stallman.  Bug fixes
			by Johan Widen, Doug Leavitt, & Fred Walter

DrunkenMouse	Another cute program in the tradition of "display hacks".
		Includes source.
		Author:  Alex Livshits

FlamKey		Installs a little key on the WorkBench screen title
		bar, and then waits in background until somebody clicks
		on the key.  When activated, allows the keyboard and mouse
		inputs to be locked out until a password is entered.
		Shareware, binary only.
		Author:  Alex Livshits

GravityWars	The object of this game is for one player to hit the
		other player's ship with a missle, before being hit
		yourself.  The ships and planets don't move, but
		aiming the missle in the presence of gravity fields
		and black holes makes hitting your target difficult.
		Version 2.0, shareware, binary only.  This is an update
		to the version on disk number 84.
		Author:  Ed Bartz

IPo2C		A utility to write a C-language definition of the current
		intuition pointer to a file, which can then be used
		in a program via SetPointer to mimic the intuition pointer.
		Includes source.
		Author:  Alex Livshits

Pere-et-Fils	Example of creating and using reentrant processes.
		Includes source.
		Author: Jean-Michel Forgeas

Record-Replay	A program that records a sequence of mouse and keyboard
		events as they occur and stores them in a file.  The file
		can be played back to cause the same sequence of events to
		occur again.  Very useful for creating demonstrations
		of programs or documenting repeatable bugs.  This is
		version 2.0, an update to the version on disk 95.
		Shareware, binary only.
		Author:  Alex Livshits and J-M. Forgeas

CONTENTS OF DISK 106
--------------------

FuncKey		A shareware function key editor, submitted by the author
		for inclusion in the library.  This is version 1.1, an
		update to the version on disk 89. Binary only (source
		available from author).
		Author:  Anson Mah

MoreArt		A small selection of some additional Amiga artwork
		submitted to me since the last "art" disk.
		Authors:  Dana Dominiak and Larry Zasitko

QuickFlix	An IFF slideshow and cel animation program that takes
		full advantage of the Amiga's multitasking operating
		system, supports all the graphics modes, can run with
		internal timing or be triggered by an external source,
		caches images in memory to achieve rapid frame rate,
		etc.  Version 0.13, binary only, shareware.
		Author:  Jeff Kunzelman, Rodney Iwashina, Takeshi Suganuma

RistiNolla	A Finnish game.  The name means something like CrossZero,
		and is also called Go-Moku.  Version 1.0, shareware, binary
		only.
		Author:  Mika Pihlajamaki

CONTENTS OF DISK 107
--------------------

3DPlot		A plotting program which draws a surface removing
		hidden lines. Converted to FORTRAN-77 from an AmigaBasic
		version from Disk 71. Version 1.1, includes source.
		Author:  Original Author Unknown,
		FORTRAN Conversion by James R. White

AmigaPlot	An x-y plotting package for scientest or engineers.
		Plots up to 30 curves, each of which may contain up to 1000
		data points using options stored in a data file. This program
		is shareware. Version 1.20, source available from author.
		Author:  James R. White

Convert		Converts a file containing rows and columns of numbers
		to a Lattice Unicalc spreadsheet file. This program is
		shareware, and includes source.
		Author:  James R. White

Drill		A program to drill children in addition, subtraction,
		and multiplication. Written in FORTRAN-77. This program is
		shareware and includes source.
		Author:  James R. White

SlowCopy	A program to slowly copy a file to the printer to avoid
		filling the printer buffer. Written in FORTRAN-77. Version
		1.11, includes source. This program is shareware.
		Author:  James R. White

StopWatch	A CLI utility program to print out the elapsed
		time between keypresses. Useful for timing benchmark
		Written in FORTRAN-77, includes source.
		This program is shareware.
		Author:  James R. White

Text Files	Two text files describing how to build a batch
		file using public domain programs to do an incremental
		hard disk backup in less than five minutes, and how to
		avoid interlace flicker.
		Author: James R. White

CONTENTS OF DISK 108
--------------------

AList		A directory listing program based on Dave Haynie's LD4
		program, with extensions and enhancements.  Includes source.
		Author:  Ed Kivi (original by Dave Haynie)

MonIDCMP	MonIDCMP lets you monitor the IntuiMessages that pass through
		an IDCMP window.  It prints the message class, mouse
		coordinates, qualifier values, and other useful information
		when appropriate.  Great for debugging applications and
		for snooping around in the inner workings of other programs.
		Includes source.
		Author:  Davide Cervone

Steam		A program to calculate the thermodynamic, heat
		transport and critical flow properties of water, both for
		single and two-phase mixtures. Version 1.10, FORTRAN-77
		source available from author. This program is shareware.
		Author:  James R. White

Tek		An enhanced version of Dave Wecker's vt100 (v2.6) which
		includes emulation for a Tektronix 4010/4014 graphics
		terminal.  This is a much improved version of the Tek4010
		program from disk number 52.  Includes source.
		Author:  Enhancements by Nick Giordano and Terry Whelan

CONTENTS OF DISK 109
--------------------

Machine		A neat new animation from Allen Hastings.
		Author:  Allen Hastings

SimCPM		A CP/M simulator for the Amiga.  Simulates an 8080
		along with H19 terminal emulation.  Includes source.
		Author:  Jim Cathey; Amiga port by Charlie Gibbs

UUpc		Version 1.0 of a suite of programs that will allow you
		hook up your Amiga as a usenet node.  Includes source.
		Author:  Richard Lamb, Stuart Lynne, Jeff Lydiatt

CONTENTS OF DISK 110
--------------------

A68k		A 68000 assembler originally written in Modula-2 in
		1985 and converted to C by Charlie Gibb in 1987.  Has
		been converted to accept metacomco-compatible assembler
		source code and to generate Amiga objects.  Includes source.
		Author:  Brian Anderson; C translation and Amiga work
			 done by Charlie Gibb

Pdc		An optimizing C compiler for the 68000 processor.  This
		is an update to the version first released on disk 53,
		though apparently not based on the code from that disk.
		Major porting work was done by Jeff Lydiatt to get it to
		the point where it would compile and execute simple programs
		on the Amiga.  This version now generates metacomco-
		compatible assembler source code, which can be assembled by
		the assembler also provided on this disk and then linked by
		the freely redistributable linker "blink" (also provided).
		Includes all compiler source and some library and startup
		source code.  Requires amiga.lib from developers kit to
		generate complete running example executables.
		Author:  Matthew Brandt; major porting work by Jeff Lydiatt

-------------------
-Fred
--
# Fred Fish    hao!noao!mcdsun!fnf    (602) 438-3614
# Motorola Computer Division, 2900 S. Diablo Way, Tempe, Az 85282  USA

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) (10/31/87)

In article <426@mcdsun.UUCP> fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) writes:
>Mailing of preordered disks begins tonight and should be complete by
>this weekend.  So watch your mailboxes...

Gaak!  I have just been informed that there are problems distributing
binaries produced by Absoft's Fortran compiler unless certain conditions
have been met.  These conditions will preclude distribution of disks
107 and 108 for the moment.  Luckily, no disks have gotten out at this
point, so I can just reshuffle the numbers (pull disks 107, 108 and
move 109, 110 down).  This will delay distribution until Saturday or
Sunday, and only 6 disks will be distributed in this batch.  Any
non-Fortran material from the original 107-108 will be moved to a future
disk.

For those that are interested, after this problem was brought to my
attention by an alert comp.sys.amiga reader (thank you Bob!). I called
Absoft to determine the necessary conditions for distribution of
programs compiled with Absoft's Fortran, and linked with their runtime
support routines.  My current understanding is that there are three
conditions that must be met:

1)	The original developer must obtain and sign a license
	agreement which absolves Absoft of all liability for
	use of the program.  There are other terms in the agreement
	but the liability one seemed to be the most important issue.
	There is no charge for the license, and only the original
	developer needs to obtain it before distribution.  Third
	party redistributers (I.E. me :-) are not required to get
	one.

2)	At execution time a copyright message must be displayed
	in the startup screen indicating that portions of the
	executable are copyrighted by Absoft, and similar notices
	must appear in any documentation.  There seem to be two
	reasons for this: (1) they want the free PR, (2) they want
	it to be clear that they maintain rights to portions of the
	executable code.  It is not clear what should happen if you
	have no documentation, or if you have no startup screen.
	I would be inclined to believe that a statically compiled
	in copyright message would be sufficient in this case.

3)	Only a pure linked executable may be distributed.  No other
	portions of the Absoft environment (such as dynamically loaded
	libraries if any) may be distributed without special arrangements.
	(No surprises here)

I hope I got all the facts straight.  In my opinion, Absoft is within
their rights to set these conditions, and they probably have good reasons
(to them) for the conditions.  Given the current marketplace with compilers
for other languages that do not have all these limitations (C, Modula,
Assembly, etc), I can see how this might discourage use of their product
in favor of another language.  This is a shame since it is, from all reports,
a VERY nice product.

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish    hao!noao!mcdsun!fnf    (602) 438-3614
# Motorola Computer Division, 2900 S. Diablo Way, Tempe, Az 85282  USA

kent@xanth.UUCP (11/01/87)

limitations on software developed with ABSOFT's FORTRAN compiler.]

I doubt they'll miss me, but goodbye Absoft!  A compiler is a TOOL,
and that is all it is.  If I were digging ditches, and a shovel
manufacturer asked me to get a license absolving them from all
responsibility for injuries caused by my ditch, or required me to post
a "This ditch dug with an Ajax shovel" notice by every ditch I dug, it
would make about as much sense as Absoft's requirements.

And they also seem to be telling me I can't sell my ditch if any of
the shovel scrapes off on the sides of the ditch.

Bleeah!  And I had heard so MANY nice things about their FORTRAN, and
the earlier posting mentioning lots of not-particularly-FORTRAN
oriented software developed with their compiler seemed to say lots
MORE nice things about it as a development tool.  But I will rot in
Hell before I will put some compiler vendor's ad on the title screen
of software products I sell.  Guess I'll have to spend the money I've
been squirreling away for Absoft FORTRAN on something else.  Wonder
how the new M2Amiga modula 2 compiler looks?

Kent, the (totally weird) man from xanth.

Running for president on a pound of caffeine, an ounce of sense, and a
program of increased exploration and exploitation of space.  Support
your (probably non-existent - get busy!) local branch of the Birthright
Party:  "The birthright of mankind is the stars!"

Hey, it's better than dwelling on your stock portfolio; at least here
you've got a chance for a laugh or two. ;-)  Yum!  Eat them plastic
chickens, brethren!  Call me when I'm elected; 'til then, I'm going to
take a nap.

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) (11/02/87)

In article <428@mcdsun.UUCP> fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) writes:
>point, so I can just reshuffle the numbers (pull disks 107, 108 and
>move 109, 110 down).  This will delay distribution until Saturday or
>Sunday, and only 6 disks will be distributed in this batch.  Any
>non-Fortran material from the original 107-108 will be moved to a future
>disk.

After looking the situation over a little more, it turned out to be
less work to just replace disks 107 and 108, so 8 disks have been
released as of this weekend.  They should all be in the mail by
tomorrow.  Below is a listing of the revised disks 107 and 108:

CONTENTS OF DISK 107
--------------------

Csh		Version 2.07 of Matt Dillon's csh like shell, modified
		for Manx C.  Includes source.
		Author:  Matt Dillon, Manx'ified by Steve Drew

Diff		A file comparison utility, similar to other common
		"diff" programs.  Includes source.
		Author:  D. Krantz;  Amiga port by Jeff Bailey

ProSuite	This is the Amiga Programmers Suite Book 1.01.  The
		suite provides example code of facilities that every
		programmer needs (such as FileIO Requester), provides
		examples of new facilities (such as XText and DoRequest),
		and provides a tutorial on how to program the Amiga.
		Includes source.
		Author:  R.J. Mical

SVTools		Some additional useful tools from Stephen Vermeulen.
		Includes a new version of Vnews, sit, setstack, retool,
		memlist, fragit, and yoyo.  Includes source.
		Author:  Stephen Vermeulen

CONTENTS OF DISK 108
--------------------

		Author:  Ed Kivi (original by Dave Haynie)

DirMaster	A very nicely done shareware disk cataloger, submitted
		by the author for inclusion in the library.  This is version
		1.0b, an update to the version released on disk 89.  Binary
		only.

		Author:  Davide Cervone

PrintPop	A utility to enable the user to send some common control
		settings to the PRT: printer device.  When installed, a
		left-amiga F1 sequence will pop up a small window with
		various options.  Includes source.
		Author:  Robbie Akins

Sectorama	A program designed to help Amiga users recover lost or
		damaged data from floppy or hard drives, or to repair
		a damaged volume.  The author wrote this out of
		frustration with existing tools when he had multiple
		hard disk drive failures over the course of several
		months.  This is version 1.1, an update to the version
		on disk 102.  Binary only.

		Author:  Enhancements by Nick Giordano and Terry Whelan

Zoo		A file archiver, much like "arc" in concept, but different
		in implementation and user interface details.  Includes
		some nice features that "arc" lacks (such as file/path
		names up to 255 characters in length).  This is version
		1.42B, an update to the version released on disk 87.
		Binary only.
		Author:  Rahul Dhesi, Amiga port by Brian Waters

-Fred
--

willis@auvax.UUCP (Tony Willis) (11/02/87)

In article <3131@xanth.UUCP>, kent@xanth.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

> limitations on software developed with ABSOFT's FORTRAN compiler.]
>
> I doubt they'll miss me, but goodbye Absoft!  A compiler is a TOOL,
> and that is all it is.  If I were digging ditches, and a shovel
> manufacturer asked me to get a license absolving them from all
> responsibility for injuries caused by my ditch, or required me to post
> a "This ditch dug with an Ajax shovel" notice by every ditch I dug, it
> would make about as much sense as Absoft's requirements.

I agree completely. If I buy a compiler I expect to be able to do whatever I
like with the machine code it produces - sell it, distribute it, eat it,
whatever. I too was thinking of getting this item, but now? -forget it!

Tony Willis

Athabasca University          ...{ubc-vision,ihnp4}!alberta!auvax!willis  uucp
Box 10,000                        usercdir@ualtamts           BITNET
Athabasca, Alberta TOG 2R0
Canada                           (403) 675-6221

schaub@sugar.UUCP (Markus Schaub) (11/05/87)

In article <3131@xanth.UUCP>, kent@xanth.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
> been squirreling away for Absoft FORTRAN on something else.  Wonder
> how the new M2Amiga modula 2 compiler looks?
>
> Kent, the (totally weird) man from xanth.

1.) M2Amiga was done by something named AMSoft, don't let you fool by the name!
    NO CONNETCION TO A COMPANY SELLING FORTRAN COMPILERS.
2.) The demo disk for M2Amiga is on its way to Fred Fish. No license problems
    for code generated with this compiler. A compiler is a tool as you say.
    No copy protection (except that you NEED the manual) and no license fee.
    Call me for a demo disk or wait for Fred next bunch of disks, then have you
    can have a close look to M2Amiga.
--
   //	Markus Schaub	uunet!nuchat!sugar!schaub	 (713) 523 8422
 \X/	c/o Interface Technologies Corp, 3336 Richmond #323, Houston Tx 77098

macphed@sask.UUCP (11/11/87)

> limitations on software developed with ABSOFT's FORTRAN compiler.]

I'm sorry, but I seem to have  missed this. I did read Fred's posting
of the new disks available, and have scanned forwards and backwards
from that article but can't find this reference. Could you be more
specific?

> I doubt they'll miss me, but goodbye Absoft!

Perhaps not, but if I lost my FORTRAN compiler, I'd miss it.

[analogy between ditch digging and programming omitted]

> Bleeah!  And I had heard so MANY nice things about their FORTRAN, and
> the earlier posting mentioning lots of not-particularly-FORTRAN
> oriented software developed with their compiler seemed to say lots
> MORE nice things about it as a development tool.  But I will rot in
> Hell before I will put some compiler vendor's ad on the title screen
> of software products I sell.

I believe I can agree with the nice things you've heard (there are some
things I don't like about the compiler, but not many). However, after
reading the license agreement, I can find no mention of such a restiction
in it, or in the manual. (Although I must admit I only scanned the manual.
If such a requirement is placed on the software, it should appear in the
licensing section.)

As I say, this is the first that I have seen or heard mention of this
problem with Absoft. Could you please repost the portion of the message
which refers to this? As a FORTRAN programmer on the Amiga, I am quite
interested.

> Kent, the (totally weird) man from xanth.

    {I'm from Mundania myself.}
Ian.

+------------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Ian MacPhedran                     | USEnet ihnp4!sask!macphed      |
| Engineering Applications           | BITNET MacPhedran@Sask         |
| Department of Computing Services   | Phone  (306) 966-4832          |
| 2B13 Engineering Bldg.             | Telex  064-2659                |
| University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 0W0 |

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (11/13/87)

In article <939@sask.UUCP> macphed@sask.UUCP (Ian MacPhedran) writes:
>I'm sorry, but I seem to have  missed this. I did read Fred's posting
>of the new disks available, and have scanned forwards and backwards
>from that article but can't find this reference. Could you be more
>specific?

Ok, below is an excerpt from my posting:

=
=1)	The original developer must obtain and sign a license
=	agreement which absolves Absoft of all liability for
=	use of the program.  There are other terms in the agreement
=	but the liability one seemed to be the most important issue.
=	There is no charge for the license, and only the original
=	developer needs to obtain it before distribution.  Third
=	party redistributers (I.E. me :-) are not required to get
=	one.
=
=2)	At execution time a copyright message must be displayed
=	in the startup screen indicating that portions of the
=	executable are copyrighted by Absoft, and similar notices
=	must appear in any documentation.  There seem to be two
=	reasons for this: (1) they want the free PR, (2) they want
=	it to be clear that they maintain rights to portions of the
=	executable code.  It is not clear what should happen if you
=	have no documentation, or if you have no startup screen.
=	I would be inclined to believe that a statically compiled
=	in copyright message would be sufficient in this case.
=
=3)	Only a pure linked executable may be distributed.  No other
=	portions of the Absoft environment (such as dynamically loaded
=	libraries if any) may be distributed without special arrangements.
=	(No surprises here)

>I believe I can agree with the nice things you've heard (there are some
>things I don't like about the compiler, but not many). However, after
>reading the license agreement, I can find no mention of such a restiction
>in it, or in the manual. (Although I must admit I only scanned the manual.
>If such a requirement is placed on the software, it should appear in the
>licensing section.)

This is true, and it appears to be true even with the latest version of
the compiler being shipped.  I have now had the opportunity to personally
inspect the shrink wrap license agreement that comes with the Absoft fortran
compiler for the Amiga  Nowhere is explicit mention made of any restrictions
on the runtime support code.  By the same token, nowhere is explicit
permission given to distribute it either.  A reasonable person would probably
interpret the agreement, as written, to cover only the code received in the
compiler package, I.E. executables, unlinked libraries, include files if any,
documentation, etc.  I have recommended to Absoft that they modify their
standard license agreement to make their restrictions explicit, to avoid
future misunderstandings.  Note that the shrink wrap agreement explicitly
states that it is the sole agreement between the buyer and Absoft, so any
other supplementary agreement buried in the documentation somewhere is
probably not enforceable anyway.

-Fred