[comp.sys.amiga] 25 year history of Commodore??

hansb@ariel.unm.edu (Hans Bechtel) (10/20/87)

Could somebody from Commodore or other people that know Commodore
post a complete history from when Commodore got started, all the way
to the present including various computers made along the way and
also including a complete history of the Amiga?  I was a little
curious and hoping to find out more...

please either email to me or post a complete summary to the net...

Thanks

Hans Bechtel

In article <1679@charon.unm.edu> hansb@ariel.UUCP (Hans Bechtel) writes:

> Could somebody from Commodore or other people that know Commodore
> post a complete history from when Commodore got started, all the way
> to the present including various computers made along the way and
> also including a complete history of the Amiga?  I was a little
> curious and hoping to find out more...

I seem to recall hearing about some kind of Jack Tramiel biography that
probably covered things up till the time he left Commodore.  I make no
statment about the accuracy of such a book or its applicability to the
current Commodore.

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!grr
but no way officially representing	arpa: out to lunch...

eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (11/16/87)

In article <2777@cbmvax.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>In article <1679@charon.unm.edu> hansb@ariel.UUCP (Hans Bechtel) writes:
>>
>> Could somebody from Commodore or other people that know Commodore
>> post a complete history from when Commodore got started, all the way
>> to the present including various computers made along the way and
>> also including a complete history of the Amiga?  I was a little
>> curious and hoping to find out more...
>
>I seem to recall hearing about some kind of Jack Tramiel biography that
>probably covered things up till the time he left Commodore.  I make no
>statment about the accuracy of such a book or its applicability to the
>current Commodore.

The book George is refering to is _The_Home_Computer_Wars by Michael
Tomczyk (a former Commodore marketing executive).  It was published about
three years ago by Compute! Books.  I do not know if it is still in print.

While the book is a capsule history of Commodore, it mostly concentrates
on the author and his tenure in the company.  You might recognize a few
familiar (net) names in there such as Andy Finkel and yours truly.

Note: George's disclaimer (above)applies to this humble poster as well.

--
	Eric Cotton
	Commodore-Amiga

 *=====     UUCP: {rutgers|ihnp4|allegra}!cbmvax!eric                =====*