[comp.sys.amiga] Status Report

Please excuse a few of us who have had difficulty coping with some of the
current discussions and have stepped beyond the bounds of polite discourse.

First Hedley Davis blew his stack and told Mike to perform strange acts.
Next Dave (hazy) Haynie lost his cool and launched remarkably juvenile flames.
I'm probably next, especially if Mike keeps crowing about his putative effect
on A2000 sales.

Still, please bear with us.  We're still here, giving helpful advice and
listening to problems.  Hedley and Dave are expected to recover.  The
production line is still running.  I may still have a job if my boss
doesn't find out how much time I've spent on the net, instead of doing
what I'm supposed to get done.

Mike, you seem to have become quite repetitive.  Most of the issues you'd
like addressed were settled one way or the other a long time ago.  I believe
you have good intentions, but your tactics are less than efficient and
are causing a considerable amount of unwonted stress, both here and across
the network.

Have you considered writing a simple, cogent description of what you
feel Commodore has done wrong by you, or the Amiga community and what
you think Commodore should do about it, and then sending this missive
to the people at Commodore who actually have decision making authority?

If you want, e-mail me such a document, and I'll be glad to start it as
high up the management chain as I think I can take the risk of flashback
from any inflamatory or personal content.

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!grr
but no way officially representing	arpa: out to lunch...

mwm@eris.UUCP (11/17/87)

In article <2787@cbmvax.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
<First Hedley Davis blew his stack and told Mike to perform strange acts.
<Next Dave (hazy) Haynie lost his cool and launched remarkably juvenile flames.
<I'm probably next, especially if Mike keeps crowing about his putative effect
<on A2000 sales.

What? You mean you want me to tell people that Zorro I cards plug into
Zorro ][ and work with no problem whatsoever?

Sorry, I believe in telling people the truth. If it sells a machine I
like over one I don't, that's well and good. If it means someone buys
a machine I don't like over one I do - well, they want something other
than what I do. I'd much rather they be happy with a machine I can't
stand than unhappy with a machine I love.

<Have you considered writing a simple, cogent description of what you
<feel Commodore has done wrong by you, or the Amiga community and what
<you think Commodore should do about it, and then sending this missive
<to the people at Commodore who actually have decision making authority?

You can find what I think CBM should do about it in various postings.
Especially when someone asked me what I thought they should do. I'll
reiterat it here:

Best: Provide a connecter from a slot inside the A2000 (you choose the
slot) to the outside world that SOTS boxes will run on. No need to
insure that it works with things in the A2000 internal slots, thought
that'd be nice.

This is best because it provides a path for A500 users to move the
expensive part of their hardware investment to the A2000.

Not-so-good: Market an optional top for the A2000 that will hold Zorro
I cards.

CBM probably won't sell many of those. But it would indicate a real
intent to support customers who sank lots of dollars into A1000
hardware.

<If you want, e-mail me such a document, and I'll be glad to start it as
<high up the management chain as I think I can take the risk of flashback
<from any inflamatory or personal content.

A very kind offer, but I'm not going to take you up on it. CBM will
either do the right thing or not - and probably make lots of sales
either way. I don't have plans to buy hardware from CBM again. Should
they surprise me by coming out with a machine as nice for it's time as
the A1000 again, I may change my mind. But they can do it - or not do
it - without help from me.

	Signing off,
	<mike
--
Round about, round about, in a fair ring-a.		Mike Meyer
Thus we dance, thus we dance, and thus we sing-a.	mwm@berkeley.edu

ugmiker@sunybcs.uucp (Michael Reilly) (11/18/87)

In article <5943@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> mwm@eris.BERKELEY.EDU (Mike (My watch has windows) Meyer) writes:
>In article <2787@cbmvax.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
><Have you considered writing a simple, cogent description of what you
><feel Commodore has done wrong by you, or the Amiga community and what
><you think Commodore should do about it, and then sending this missive
><to the people at Commodore who actually have decision making authority?
>
>You can find what I think CBM should do about it in various postings.
>Especially when someone asked me what I thought they should do. I'll
>reiterat it here:

		BUT MIKE... DON'T you UNDERSTAND ?????
		most of our bitching and complaining is
		because we have ALL read what you think
		commodore should do, over and over, and
		over, and etc.... in MORE than "various
		postings".... SO PLEASE !!! NO MORE
		REITERATING your points, or at least keep
		the same subject, so my kill file doesn't
		doesn't have to work so hard.....

>	Signing off,
>	<mike
>--

					nothing personal mike...
					but it is getting annoying
					having to read soooo much
					bitching from one person...

						mike
p.s. At least your not apathetic..... :-)
Michael (what am I wood??) Reilly
University of Buffalo Computer Science
CSNET:	ugmiker@buffalo.CSNET
INTERNET: ugmiker@{joey,marvin}.cs.buffalo.edu
UUCP:	..!{nike|watmath,alegra,decvax}!sunybcs!ugmiker
BITNET:	ugmiker@sunybcs.BITNET   <-OR->   ACSCMPR@ubvmsc.BITNET