[comp.sys.amiga] M2Amiga <-- smack !

ans@well.UUCP (Anne Schweizer) (11/14/87)

[ this is for all non M2Amiga owner.... to prevent them from starvation ]

First I took a look at the M2Amiga Demo Disk; I was impressed.
Then i bought M2Amiga; i'm excited !!!

The package consists of compiler, linker & a *nice,improved* MicroEmacs.
You can work either from Workbench or CLI, whatever you prefer.
(I personally prefer CLI.)
The manual is :-), but it's recomended to buy the official CA kernel
manuals for additional informations about kernel routines.

The compilation speed is abosultely great;  ----> @@@ ( TDI, ack ! )
about 20'000 lines / min. !!!

The linker seems not to be a linker, but a *fast* copy (append) utility...
( But the output produced was loadable !! )

The generated Code is fast, short and very efficient. Absolutely great
is the handling of Exceptions; if all programs on Amiga had been written
in M2Amiga your machine would crash 1 or 2 times / month...
If an exeception occur, there will no little red guru be displayed, M2Amiga
will put up a simple Requester. After hitting CANCEL, all allocated
memory will be given back, files and Windows closed (if opened
with the standard modula II library.

I couldn't detect any bugs. I think M2Amiga is the fastest programming
enviroment on the Amiga and recommend it to all Modula II users and
also to all C users ( hey men, give up this nasty C ).

     .. THIS ISN'T A COMMERCIAL POSTING, IT'S JUST MY OPINION ..

	Anne

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (11/16/87)

Posting-Front-End: GNU Emacs 18.47.1 of Sun Aug  2 1987 on linus (berkeley-unix)

In article <4439@well.UUCP> ans@well.UUCP (Anne Schweizer) writes:

> Then i bought M2Amiga; i'm excited !!!
>
> The package consists of compiler, linker & a *nice,improved* MicroEmacs.
> You can work either from Workbench or CLI, whatever you prefer.
> (I personally prefer CLI.)
> The manual is :-), but it's recomended to buy the official CA kernel
> manuals for additional informations about kernel routines.

Anne,

How much support does the compiler provide for accessing Intuition,
AmigaDOS, and Kernel functions?  That is, are there Definition Modules
for accessing Amiga windows/menus/screens, sound, tasks, etc., from
inside your Modula-2 code?  I've been thinking about switching to
Modula-2, but I don't want to be cut off from accessing any of the
Amiga's system functions....

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sdl

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (11/17/87)

In article <4439@well.UUCP>, ans@well.UUCP (Anne Schweizer) writes:
> [ this is for all non M2Amiga owner.... to prevent them from starvation ]
>
> First I took a look at the M2Amiga Demo Disk; I was impressed.
> Then i bought M2Amiga; i'm excited !!!
[...]
> The manual is :-), but it's recomended to buy the official CA kernel
> manuals for additional informations about kernel routines.
[...]
> I couldn't detect any bugs. I think M2Amiga is the fastest programming
> enviroment on the Amiga and recommend it to all Modula II users and
> also to all C users ( hey men, give up this nasty C ).

I am an x-TDI user, mainly because I simply don't have time to program
anymore.  (not that I ever did.)  What I found before was that it was
difficult to use Modula-2 on the Amiga because _everything_ is written
for C programming, most notably the RKM.  Is this problem any different
for M2Amiga than for TDI?  I'm asking because I liked Pascal, really
liked M2 when I bought TDI, and I tend to fight losing battles with C.
So once I have a little time, (Hey, I'll have more free time when I
graduate and get a job, right? B-) ) I would like to resume with
Modula2.

> 	Anne

Eric Kennedy

schaub@sugar.UUCP (Markus Schaub) (11/20/87)

> > Then i bought M2Amiga; i'm excited !!!
> > The manual is :-), but it's recomended to buy the official CA kernel
> > manuals for additional informations about kernel routines.

If it is hard to document the Amiga functions for Commodore why should we even
try to document them.

> Modula-2, but I don't want to be cut off from accessing any of the
> Amiga's system functions....

M2Amiga is the development of 4 guys from Switzerland who want to have the
optimal programming environment on their Amigas. Do you think they
don't want to access this fancy stuff hidden in the Amiga?  You'll get a flyer!

--
     //	Markus Schaub		uunet!nuchat!sugar!schaub      (713) 523 8422
    //	M2Amiga Developer	trying to get back the money I  paid  for  my