[comp.sys.amiga] H E L P with console.device

lyles@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (04/14/87)

Help!  I've been having problems with the console device... I can't seem to
get it to read, is CmdRead what I need, or do I have to do something
additional(send codes to the console device asking for input?)?  I'm doing this
in Modula-2, any help/examples greatly appreciated!
					Wonko the Sane
				      (you call this SANE??)

Disclaimer: I am totally irresponsible.  So shoot me then.

ma183say@sdcc3.UUCP (04/19/87)

  The easiest thing to do is to first open a window (use one of the
  demos for an example) then import the necessary modules from
  Console.sym (It may be on the developer or example disk only).
  If you don't have the code, let me know and I'll post it...

  Good Luck.

  John
  7OHN

  (yeah, it's not Lee, obviously.)

ridder@warlok.dec.com.UUCP (11/20/87)

   ========

Date: 20 Nov 1987 1054-MST
From: Hans <RIDDER@WARLOK>
To: "comp.sys.amiga@usenet"@DECWRL
Subject: H E L P with console.device

I am trying to talk to the console.device and am getting errors back
from CMD_WRITE's.  I looked in devices/console.h, but it only has some
definitions for sending escape sequences....  I think the error code
is actually the number of characters typed ahead on the keyboard.  If
so, how do I tell if there is a real error, and why is this being
returned in io_Error?

-hans

   --------