[comp.sys.amiga] Getting there from here

jgh2@cisunx.UUCP (John G. Hardie) (11/22/87)

Hi all;

  I just found out how to get here from pitt, but am still having a few
problems.  The major frustration at the moment is accessing the sources/
binaries in the amiga archives.  Supposedly they are accessible through
ftp but I can't seem to get connected.

Could someone send me a detailed list of the commands that I must execute
to get there from here (I am particularly interested in the form of the
addresses to connect through ftp)

I am trying to get to 'j.cc.purdue.edu' and directories
'news/comp/sources/amiga/volume1' etc.

Do I need to append the entire path to the destination or what?

thanks,
j. hardie

In article <5561@cisunx.UUCP>, jgh2@cisunx.UUCP (John G. Hardie) writes:

>	[deleted some stuff]
> ... Supposedly they are accessible through
> ftp but I can't seem to get connected.

  It seems that Pitt is not connected to Internet (ARPA) so ftp is a
  bust.  Any other suggestions would be welcome.

> thanks,
> j. hardie

 - same guy - same sign off... <boring>