[comp.sys.amiga] Commodore Employment Opportunities

Since the following job posting may be of interst to
readers of this group, I've posted it here, in addition
to the usual misc.jobs group.

Commodore Business Machines
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA  19380

Contact:

Susan Daugherty 215-431-9361.
or principals mentioned below.

	Job Posting: Hardware/Software/VLSI Design Engineers

	The Commodore Technology Group of Commodore Business
	Machines, is seeking qualified individuals to work in
	our West Chester, PA corporate engineering organization.
	Commodore is a world leader in the design and manufac-
	ture of home and personal computers.

	The Technology Division is the source of new designs for
	a broad range of computer systems and peripherals in-
	cluding our Amiga, PC compatible, and C64/128 product
	lines.  In our exciting environment, hardware, software
	and VLSI engineers work as a single team to specify and
	develop new systems.  Your team will be involved not
	only with all the technical aspects of a new system, but
	will actively contribute with world wide planning and
	operating activities as these new new systems are intro-
	duced.

	The environment is exciting and fast paced.  As a small,
	entrepreneurial organization, each engineer is a signi-
	ficant contributor through the actual market introduc-
	tion of his new product.  As a large corporation, Commo-
	dore has the resources to successfully develop and mark-
	et new products very quickly. Our extensive CAD resource
	includes in-house PCB layout, networked VAX, SUN, and
	Mentor/Apollo systems, Calma IC layout, VLSI test sys-
	tems as well as a large number of Amiga and Commodore PC
	systems.  In addition, Commodore maintains is own com-
	plete system and silicon foundry manufacturing opera-
	tions.

	Commodore Technology Group is situated in West Chester,
	Pennsylvania, about 30 miles west of Philadelphia.  The
	site is within commuting distance of University of De-
	laware, Univ.  of Pennsylvania, Villanova, Temple, Drex-
	el, and many other Philadelphia campuses for persons
	wishing to continue their education.  An educational
	benefit plan is available to full time employees, as
	part of a comprehensive benefits package.

	HARDWARE DESIGN:

	The Hardware Group has an opening for a Design Engineer
	who will be responsible for the development of IBM
	PC/XT/AT/386 compatible computers under the direction of

	           November 12, 1987

	                 - 2 -

	a senior engineer.  Knowledge of the Intel
	8088/80286/80386 family considered essential.  Exposure
	to VLSI design considered a plus.

	There is also an opening for a Hardware Design Engineer
	who will be responsible for the development of Amiga
	compatible computers under the direction of a senior en-
	gineer.  Knowledge of the Motorola 68000/68020 family of
	microprocessors considered essential.  Exposure to VLSI
	design considered a plus.

	In addition, we also have an opening for an Analog
	Design Engineer to support the video processing capabil-
	ities of the Amiga family of computers.  Applicants
	should be conversant with Genlocks, Frame Grabbers, Sync
	Strippers, Phase Locked Loops, and other circuits for
	both PAL and NTSC video.

	Interested parties may contact Jeff Porter via USENET at
	...!{uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!porter or
	cbmvax!porter@uunet.uu.net

	SYSTEM SOFTWARE:

	The Amiga System Software group of Commodore Technology
	has several openings for individuals to develop and
	enhance the Amiga Operating System, as well support new
	hardware for the Commodore Amiga Computer System.  Be-
	come part of the team of designers who shape the next
	generation of Amiga system software.

	We are looking for Software Engineers of both Senior and
	Junior levels.  Knowledge of C, 68000 assembly language,
	the Amiga OS, UNIX(tm), and software engineering princi-
	ples considered important.  Knowledge of hardware con-
	sidered a plus.

	Interested parties may contact Andy Finkel via:

	    USENET at ...!{uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!andy
	    ARPANET at cbmvax!andy@uunet.uu.net
	    BIX    at afinkel

	VLSI DEVELOPMENT:

	The VLSI Development Group of Commodore Technology has
	openings for qualified individuals to define and imple-
	ment the next generation of Amiga, PC, and home computer
	based chip sets.  Experience with logic, circuit, layout
	or test design using state of the art CAD tools is
	essential.  Exposure to computer hardware and software
	design is considered a plus.  At Commodore Technology,
	VLSI design engineers are developing the latest in both
	VLSI circuits and design methodologies.  Candidates with

	           November 12, 1987

	                 - 3 -

	M.S. or B.S.  degrees are preferable but practical ex-
	perience will be given considerable weight.  If you feel
	you can contribute on this team, contact Ted Lenthe via
	USENET at ...!{uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!lenthe or
	ARPANET at cbmvax!lenthe@uunet.uu.net

	For any of the above positions, interested parties
	should contact Susan Daugherty at 215-431-9361.
--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr

[...technical requirements deleted...]

Must also be able to remain calm on this, and other networks against
slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Must be able to lash out a good flame or two as required.

Must be able to perform unnatural acts in Las Vegas in the back of taxicabs,
and finally should be able to drink Dale under the table, although merely
keeping up would suffice.

Should have a tie.
--
Richard J. Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the keys in my ignition..."

grr@cbmvax.UUCP (11/20/87)

In article <2336@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> [...technical requirements deleted...]
>
> Must also be able to remain calm on this, and other networks against
> slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

	Trying to be supportive on the net is strictly voluntary.

> Must be able to lash out a good flame or two as required.

	We can all do this, can't we!

> Should have a tie.

	Seriously, the only time I've worn a tie is when working in the
	Commodore booth at computer shows.  Doesn't do to scare away too
	many potential customers, I guess.  Strictly informal otherwise.

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr

malibo@arizona.edu (Rob McConeghy) (11/23/87)

In article <2336@gryphon.CTS.COM>, richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> Must be able to perform unnatural acts in Las Vegas in the back of taxicabs,

there is no such thing as an unnatural act in the back of a Las Vegas taxi !

hedley@cbmvax.UUCP (Hedley Davis) (11/23/87)

In article <2967@megaron.arizona.edu> malibo@arizona.edu (Rob McConeghy) writes:
>In article <2336@gryphon.CTS.COM>, richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>> Must be able to perform unnatural acts in Las Vegas in the back of taxicabs,
>>

>there is no such thing as an unnatural act in the back of a Las Vegas taxi !

Oh right !, Just tell everybody the answer, why don'tcha ?  :-)