[comp.sys.amiga] Boomerang effect

kent@xanth.UUCP (11/24/87)

In article <1867@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner)
writes:

>Rejoice!  I just got a brand-new A500, after months of being Amigaless (my old
>A1000 was stolen a day before the insurance went into effect, and I panicked
>and reported it right away.  Ouch.).[...]
> Lang Zerner   langz@athena.mit.edu   ...ihnp4!mit-eddie!mit-athena!langz

Lang,

	Apparently you forgot to install FastBack (tm) on your Amiga 1000. ;-)

	My apartment was burgled about a year ago, and the only thing taken
	was my Amiga 1000.  I was working late in the computer lab at school,
	and got home about three AM.  My Amiga was gone (so was the cat, out
	the open back door).

	I called the police, and eventually found that they had picked up the
	robbers (driving around at midnight with no headlights), and had
	recovered my Amiga, three hours _before_ I reported it stolen.  I
	picked it up from the police crime lab that afternoon.

	Naturally, I attribute this entirely to my revolutionary Fast
	Acting Solution for Temporarily Burgled Amigas Crook Kibosher routine,
	FastBack (tm), written entirely in Abasic to prevent it's being ported
	to anything.  ;-)

	I'd post FastBack, but the response on shareware has been so poor...

;-)

Kent, the man from xanth.