[comp.sys.amiga] Firepower over the modem

berman@stsci.EDU (Mike Berman) (11/24/87)

Has anyone else noticed that the Joystick-Modem version of this game
always uses the same play map? The game was incredibly fun the first
few times we played, but after that it got VERY predictable...!

The "play by modem" feature was one of my main reasons for buying this
game. I hope that a future release will make this game more playable.

Anyone from MicroIllusions reading this?

--
Mike Berman           Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, MD 21218
                      UUCP:   {arizona,decvax,hao,ihnp4}!noao!stsci!berman

In article <110@mithras>, berman@stsci.EDU (Mike Berman) writes:
> Has anyone else noticed that the Joystick-Modem version of this game
> always uses the same play map?

Yes, dammit. And even the joystick-joystick version only has a few maps.

The three playing modes don't really share much in the way of map space.
It's like they're different programs.

If Microillusions has someone on the net:

Modem-modem should use the big 1-player map, and relegate the text to a
little window.

I'd also like the following modes:

	(1) 2-player co-operative.
	(2) 2-player with fixed number of tanks.
--
-- Peter da Silva  `-_-'  ...!hoptoad!academ!uhnix1!sugar!peter
-- Disclaimer: These U aren't mere opinions... these are *values*.