[comp.sys.amiga] AbSoft Basic Compiler problems. Plus how do you market your software?

joseph@garfield.UUCP (11/28/87)

Subject: AbSoft Basic Compiler problems. Plus how do you market your software?
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga

   I am using V1.2 of the Absoft basic compiler.  One of the bugs I
first had with the program was, you can't do a field statment like
this.

     for loop=1 to 100
	field #1,(loop*2) as blank$,2 as array$(loop)
     next loop

   The way I solved this problem was to use long, field statments and do
them all by hand. (ARG!)

   The program I am using is a BBS that I made. We use about 100K of
varibles and 200K of code. (So we clear about 300K in the loader
program and then load the main body. (It is all one big program.) )

   If a user was to drop carrier while on-line, the system has to clear
it's stack (as it may be in the mid of 1 or more gosubs), the only way
I know how to do this is, do a CLEAR COMMAND and then a goto start.

   The compiled program will run fine for anywhere form 12 hours to 20 min.
 and then the screen will go a bright yellow and fade to bright white.
(Looks real neat and if it was not my BBS that was crashing when this
happen I would be impressed!)

    Other things that you may want to know is, we use a bunch of random
files. I have tryed setting the stack to wild numbers to make sure it
had room. (I thing the ICON is set to about 9600 for the stack.)

   I also wish to market this package. It is the best BBS I have
ever used (even not compiled), we have every thing form an adventure
in space game, to User postable Votes and Newsgroups, Custom login files
and formated I/O. If you can help me in a way to market this package
that would be great!

   Well that is about all for now,
         Joseph Dawson.

P.S. A note to all sysops "User is a 4 letter word!".
     Our number is 1-709-753-0196. (If you want an account mail
     me on this account as to what you want your Name and password
     to be and I will make the account so it will be waiting for you.)
     [We average 1000+ calls per month. Our name is BitStop.]
     I am still looking for a seccond ser port!