[comp.sys.amiga] makefile for MicroEMACS for Aztec 3.40 and misc info

karl@sugar.UUCP (Karl Lehenbauer) (11/26/87)

Here is a makefile that will compile and link MicroEMACS 3.9e/Amiga, the
definitive version of MicroEMACS that came over comp.sources.misc recently.

Note that you need to rename amiga.rc to .emacsrc and put it and emacs.hlp
somewhere in MicroEMACS' search path, which is:  the current directory,
sys:c, sys:t, sys:s, c:, :t and :s

Note that superportability mode (Aztec +P) may not be necessary, I
didn't check.  I'll leave that as an excercise for someone who likes
to fool around with memory models on unsegmented architectures :-)

Also note that although modules like hp110, hp150 and (gack) st520 are
included in the link, all of the guts are conditionally compiled out.

Don't forget to set the "#define AMIGA 0" to "#define AMIGA 1" in
estruct.h, as well as turning off whatever other processor had an
entry set to "1." Also, select AZTEC compiler and ANSI terminal output.

-------------------- cut here -----------------------

CFLAGS=		+P -Z2600

OFILES=		ansi.o basic.o bind.o buffer.o crypt.o dg10.o \
		display.o eval.o exec.o file.o fileio.o \
		hp110.o hp150.o ibmpc.o input.o isearch.o line.o \
		lock.o main.o random.o region.o search.o spawn.o \
		st520.o tcap.o termio.o tipc.o vmsvt.o vt52.o \
		window.o word.o z309.o

CFILES=		ansi.c basic.c bind.c buffer.c crypt.c dg10.c \
		display.c eval.c exec.c file.c fileio.c \
		hp110.c hp150.c ibmpc.c input.c isearch.c line.c \
		lock.c main.c random.c region.c search.c spawn.c \
		st520.c tcap.c termio.c tipc.c vmsvt.c vt52.c \
		window.c word.c z309.c

HFILES=		estruct.h edef.h efunc.h epath.h ebind.h evar.h

emacs:		$(OFILES)
		ln $(OFILES) -lcl32 -o emacs

$(OFILES):	$(HFILES)

In article <1119@sugar.UUCP> karl@sugar.UUCP (Karl Lehenbauer) writes:
>Also note that although modules like hp110, hp150 and (gack) st520 are
>included in the link, all of the guts are conditionally compiled out.

Why? They aren't needed and it is silly to compile them and link them
since any static data they declare will get stuck into the executable.
Look at the Mark Williams C makefile and replace the st520.o with
ansi.o in the link step. Works like a charm.

--Chuck McManis

karl@sugar.UUCP (Karl Lehenbauer) (12/01/87)

<
< Why? They aren't needed and it is silly to compile them and link them
< since any static data they declare will get stuck into the executable.

Uh uh.  I checked.  The module doesn't define any data or code unless
#defines ATARI and ST520 are 1.  As far as why, well, so you can do a
'cc *.c' and maybe have it work out of the box.