[comp.sys.amiga] Wedge Prices being Rip Offs????? get Serious.

CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET.UUCP (11/26/87)

Marco Papa posted a couple of days ago some prices that he
got  from a computer magazine for hard drives......
and then stated that the prices with the Wedge were a rip off....

I have a question for Marco....
Are you aware that there is a country NORTH of the USA????
the Canadian dollar is different from the American Dollar
and the fact that the wedge prices were in Canadian dollars was
stated explicitly in the posting.....

Also, the prices for the wedge systems were for, as i recall (I'm checking)

Yup..... Hard drive. Western Digital controler, wedge, case, power supply,
software ......

gee ... that ain't no rip off....
EVEN AFTER CONVERTING TO THE HUGELY OVERVALUED AMERICAN DOLLAR.

Marco... check your facts please??????

Jonathan Crone

CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET

I have NO affiliation with the manufacturers of the wedge system except
for being a damn proud Canadian citizen.
(who's pissed off at some americans who think that Canadians live in
igloos and hunt deer)
(no i'm NOT implying you Marco)
(I HAVE received EMail from Americans who were surprised
that Canada has computers..... )
(SIGH)

peter@dalcsug.UUCP (Peter Philip) (11/27/87)

In article <8711260340.AA02637@jade.berkeley.edu> CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) writes:

[stuff deleted ...]

>I have NO affiliation with the manufacturers of the wedge system except
>for being a damn proud Canadian citizen.
>Who's pissed off at some americans who think that Canadians live in
>igloos and hunt deer)

Or fish, for those of us on the east coast.

>(no i'm NOT implying you Marco)
>(I HAVE received EMail from Americans who were surprised
>that Canada has computers..... )

A bit of trivia ... Commodore releases most hardware in Canada FIRST!
yes, thats right, I was playing with an A500 and A2000 with bridge board
(not mine :-( ) at least 6 weeks before I started seeing "The 2000 is
here!!" messages on the net.
We also got the sidecar first (big deal, eh?) and the CBM PC Clones first.

>(SIGH)

I better go ... there are some polar bears threatening to knock down my
igloo that I store my fish and deer carcases in!  :-) :-)

Watch for my new Amiga product, it is called IDP for Igloo Design Program,
like a conventional CAD program, but the only primitive it supports is
the basic snow block!  Also soon to come ... Deer-Tracker, allows you to
hook your Amy to a snowmobile and automatically track deer and caribou.
Watch for these soon at your nearest trading post!  :-) :-)

- Peter Philip
- Dalhousie University
- Halifax, NS, CANADA (eh!)

king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) (12/01/87)

In article <205@dalcsug.UUCP> peter@dalcsug.UUCP (Peter Philip) writes:
>A bit of trivia ... Commodore releases most hardware in Canada FIRST!
>yes, thats right, I was playing with an A500 and A2000 with bridge board
>(not mine :-( ) at least 6 weeks before I started seeing "The 2000 is
>here!!" messages on the net.

	Yes, and we also got genlock before the US. It is not readily
	apparent why; perhaps we are being used as a BIG beta test sight :-)
	Didn't CBM start out life as a computer store on Yonge St. in Toronto?

>I better go ... there are some polar bears threatening to knock down my
>igloo that I store my fish and deer carcases in!  :-) :-)

	I used to live in Windsor (across the river from Detroit), and every
	summer we would see people coming across the border with skiis on the
	roof of their cars! (not a lot of people, mind you, but often enough
	to make us wonder about the American educational system) It was
	priceless to see their faces when they were told they would have to
	travel about 1000 miles (or more) to find snow.    :-)  :-)

Now, where are my snowshoes? I'll just pop out to the local trading post
for some pemmican...					...sjk
--
 * Defence & Civil Institute *		...!utzoo!dciem!king
 * of Environmental Medicine *		Stephen J King