[comp.sys.amiga] Request for advice on A1000 RAM expansion

ken@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Ken Spagnolo ) (11/23/87)

My first posting here, I think.

I have an A1000 with 512Kb RAM.  I have just about decided to stick with it
and expand by a meg or two rather than do the upgrade deal.  I would like to
hear from people who have expanded and been happy (or unhappy!) with the
product they choose to expand with.  I am most interested in adding 2Mb, but
really want to find out what the best deal is for any size expansion.
Please include what you like and dislike the most about the product as well
as the cost and if there are any deals to be had (special discounts, etc.).
Email or post is just fine, I will be watching this group.
My time is running out!  Thanx for your response!

Ken Spagnolo
ken@umbc3.umd.edu

teece@uvicctr.UUCP (12/02/87)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: Re: Request for advice on A1000 RAM expansion

I am in the same boat. I am considering a 2 MB board called "The Advantage"
by a company called "Pacific Peripherals".  It is apparantly a bare board to
which the user adds his own ram chips. The price of $199 (Dec. "AmigaWorld")
sounds pretty good to me but I have seen no reviews, good or bad. Can anyone
comment?