[comp.sys.amiga] subLOGIC clammed up

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (12/02/87)

I tried giving them a call.  The woman claimed she had no information
at all on the program, and said that the person working on it wouldn't
take calls.  She was very apologetic.  I'm going to call Stu Moment, the
Chairman, and see if I can squeeze any more information out of him.
"Ok, ok, ok, Mr. Moment.  How about this: Is the programmer alive?"
:-)

I have to admire subLOGIC's commitment to not making any commitments.
No one can accuse them of announcing something too early, as Manx
did with release 3.6+SDB.

Sean

--
--  Sean Casey               sean@ms.uky.edu, {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean
--  (the Empire guy)         sean@ms.uky.csnet,  sean@UKMA.BITNET

In article <7802@g.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
>I tried giving them a call.  The woman claimed she had no information
>at all on the program, and said that the person working on it wouldn't
>take calls.  She was very apologetic.  I'm going to call Stu Moment, the
>Chairman, and see if I can squeeze any more information out of him.
>"Ok, ok, ok, Mr. Moment.  How about this: Is the programmer alive?"
>:-)

Hmmm, I guess SubLOGIC is just taking a lot of heat from those anxious
Amiga owners. :-) At Comdex there was a very nice person from SubLOGIC
there, and she had a copy of Jet running on one of the 2000s in the
booth. I played with it for a while and was quite impressed. It seems
like a definite improvement over the PC version. For one thing, you
have more colors, for another, the processor is faster. The 'manual'
she had though was nothing more than a photocopied printout of what
could only be described as a 'doc file.' It had comments in it like,
"Chris will add a table here." or "Chris should explain this paragraph
better." (That was in October). She was adamant about the 'Out by Christmas'
message though. (24 days and counting). Things that I like about the Amiga
version were the scrolling heading display, the the dynamic thrust and
throttle display, and the little arrows that indicated your speed and
altitude. Placement of the radar view was better as well. I was assured
that you could play with another Amiga attached to the serial port.
In general I was impressed, but I hope that they won't release it with
bugs 'because there was a lot of demand' for it. I think for people like
me it will be one of the best action games available. Now if they would
use MIDI and let you play with 15 other Amigas I would be really impressed.
Can you say squadrons?

--Chuck McManis