[comp.sys.amiga] Amigas ON TV NEWS and Soup Ad's.

joseph@garfield.UUCP (12/03/87)

   I was just looking at the Journal Diary on CBC (87/12/02).
They where talking about this new thing that will soon be on the market for
your car. It is called CRAS (I may have the letters off but it stands for
Car Radar Avoidance System.).

   This has been done before but this one works very well and
will monitor the conditions faster then the old systems. When the system
notices a possible problem it will say "LOOK OUT!" and if you don't do
anything it will apply the right amount of breaks.

    Now hear comes the good part. It runs on an Amiga 1000. Yes I
am sure, while they did not say the computer that was being used you could
easy make out the Amiga's monitor. And what was on the monitor? A view of
the road ahead via GENLOCK (or something like that) and it had all sorts
of graphics overlays on the screen. (Real neat looking!) And the voice was a
simple bit of digital sound.

    Well once again I see an amiga doing something very interesting.

    Oh, while I am at it. I saw this campbell's soup Ad and it is
the one
where the guy asks the computer is it better to eat it with a spoon or a fork.
The computer is an Amiga, as when it starts to freak out up comes a
requester on the screen for one flash of a second. I want to know what the
requester said! Lets see who can find out first.

    Long live the COMP.SYS.AMIGA,

     Joseph Dawson
     Sysop of BitStop
     4 Cork Place
     St. John's, Newfoundland
     Canada, A1B 2W4
     1-(709)-753-1096 [Data]
     1-(709)-739-6546 [Voice]

peter@dalcsug.UUCP (12/03/87)

In article <4270@garfield.UUCP> joseph@garfield.UUCP (Joseph Dawson) writes:

>where the guy asks the computer is it better to eat it with a spoon or a fork.
>The computer is an Amiga, as when it starts to freak out up comes a
>requester on the screen for one flash of a second. I want to know what the
>requester said! Lets see who can find out first.

The requester is indeed, only up for a flash, probably only one or two
frames, but I think it is a printer trouble requester.  You really have
to look at the right part of the screen to even catch it.  It is located
in the bottom left of the screen and appears as the poster above stated,
when the computer starts to freak out and rapidly display different images.

- Peter Philip