[comp.sys.amiga] MS Word 3.0

ugfeldmn@sunybcs.UUCP (12/04/87)

In article <4257@garfield.UUCP> john13@garfield.UUCP (John Russell) writes:

>>> I'm trying :-)!  Let's face it, troff is stone-age text formatting.
>>
>>Troff is a different SORT of program than pagesetter. I wouldn't expect you to
>>do a fancy newsletter with graphics and images in Troff. On the other hand,
>>I'd hate to enter a book into Pagesetter.
>
>I was thinking more in terms of WordPerfect for book-type projects.
>And doesn't PageSetter Professional accept WordPerfect documents?

	Hmnn... All this talk is making me wish for MS Word 3.0... I sure
wish MicroSoft would do something about a conversion; it's just about the best
WP I've ever used (with, of course, its own quirks which will prompt someone
out there to write 80 Skillion pages of flamage at me :^) )
The point being that you can do simple page-setting type of operations with it
(and, get this, embed PS commands in a file -- which I personally think is
silly, but gosh, sounds like heaps of deranged fun! ** End digession) yet it is
a good enough word/text processor that you could write a book with it.  Some
WPs out for the MacinToy are EXTREMELY slow when you work with large documents,
but MS Word is fast all the way thru... Which is very important for book
writing, of course.

	Anybody know if its conversion is planned?  Anybody from MS out there
reading this?  (Even MicroSoft employees have the capability to appreciate Amy,
right? ;-) )

					War is Over,	       (if you want it)

					- Jon

Disclaimer:  MS vs. WP is a matter of preference, let's not start a flame war
with this.
Jon Feldman  InterNet:  ugfeldmn@joey.cs.buffalo.edu		      _^--^_
                 uucp: {decvax,watmath,rutgers,...}!sunybcs!ugfeldmn / .  . \
"Just remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and   (   \  )
 bending over."   		      --- Frank Zappa           ^-----`__U_'