[comp.sys.amiga] Cabels for A2090 and a ST251 hard disk

sjm@well.UUCP (12/03/87)

     I have a question that I am hoping a CATS person (or anyone) can answer.
I have in my posession a Seagate ST251 hard disk which is an IBM ST506 type of
hard disk.  I have no cabels for it though.  I don't suppose the A2090 comes
with cabels, so what I need to know is what kind of cabels will I need?  Will I
be able to use cabels that would connect the hard disk to, say, a Western
Digital controller for the IBM PC, or are the cabels more exotic?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  I would hate to have both the hard disk and the
A2090 and be stymied by something as simple as cabels.

Stephe

"You heard the weirdo man.  What is truth?"
{dual | ihnp4!ptsfa | hplabs}!well!sjm

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (12/04/87)

In article <4612@well.UUCP> sjm@well.UUCP (Stephen Moehle) writes:

>     I have a question that I am hoping a CATS person (or anyone) can answer.
>I have in my posession a Seagate ST251 hard disk which is an IBM ST506 type of
>hard disk.  I have no cabels for it though.  I don't suppose the A2090 comes
>with cabels, so what I need to know is what kind of cabels will I need?  Will I

   No the 2090 does not come with cabels.

>be able to use cabels that would connect the hard disk to, say, a Western
>Digital controller for the IBM PC, or are the cabels more exotic?  Any help

   The cables used are the same type used on the XT and clones.
   So yes I would say that if your Western Digital uses standard cables,
   you have all you need :-)

--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			Bix: dschein	     Plink: Dan*CATS