[comp.sys.amiga] A2090 controller problem

BRADFORD@BUASTA.BITNET (David A. Bradford) (12/01/87)

This is my first posting, I hope it finds its way.

I would like to direct a question to the CBM people if I may.  I have upgraded
to the 2000 (which I love), and was waiting for the hard disk drive issue to
become clear before ordering a system.  I had decided to order an A2090, but in
the January AmigaWorld (page 11), it states that the A2090 does not work while
the Amiga is in overscan mode.  This would be devastating to me as the project
I am working on requires overscan (and a hard disk).  Is this true? If so, will
it be fixed?

Maybe someone from ASDG (Perry Kivolowitz ?) could help, as it is claimed that
their SDP controller does not have this problem.

Thanks for the help.

David Bradford
Astronomy Dept., Boston University
BITnet: bradford@buasta
Internet: bradford@buasta.bu.edu

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (12/03/87)

In article <8712011426.AA27506@jade.berkeley.edu> BRADFORD@BUASTA.BITNET (David A. Bradford) writes:

>This is my first posting, I hope it finds its way.
>
>the January AmigaWorld (page 11), it states that the A2090 does not work while
>the Amiga is in overscan mode.  This would be devastating to me as the project
>I am working on requires overscan (and a hard disk).  Is this true? If so, will
>it be fixed?

Already has been fixed...it just took some adjustment to the software.
--
andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
 a rigged demo."

ssd@sugar.UUCP (Scott Denham) (12/06/87)

> >the January AmigaWorld (page 11), it states that the A2090 does not work while
> >the Amiga is in overscan mode.  This would be devastating to me as the project
> >I am working on requires overscan (and a hard disk).  Is this true? If so, will
> >it be fixed?
>
> Already has been fixed...it just took some adjustment to the software.
> --
> andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
> Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

So, another case of 'on the ball' reporting by this journal. Anyone care
to estimate the chances of a retraction appearing??  This is just about
as bad as finding out from them that there was to be no A1000==A2000
 tradeup program the day after I traded up!!!!!    *** flame mode off **