[comp.sys.amiga] A500 harddisk/monitor/memory

rgr@m10ux.UUCP (Duke Robillard) (11/19/87)

    I'm right on the edge of buying an Amiga 500, but I want to
ask a couple of questions first.  I'm planning to do some non-standard
things, and I want to make sure they work.

        1) I want to use a Multi-sync moniter.  (Maybe Princeton
    Graphics new monitor--it's got a (theoretical) dot pitch of
    .28mm which is pretty good.)  Does this REALLY work?

        2) I want to use my IBM PC/XT Miniscribe Hardcard.  Think
    I'll be able to plug this into a WEDGE board?  (Incidentally,
    if Dave Allen, the WEDGE guy, wants to send me an Ad, I'd be
    forever in his debt)

        3) I want to get an internal memory expansion board.  Are
    there any third party ones with more than 512K (this is for a 500,
    remember)

    Grazie.
--
  |      Duke Robillard           {ihnp4!}m10ux!rgr                    |
  |      AT&T Bell Labs           m10ux!rgr@ihnp4.UUCP                 |

eric@hector.UUCP (Eric Lavitsky) (12/02/87)

In article <428@m10ux.UUCP> rgr@m10ux.UUCP (Duke Robillard) writes:

>    I'm right on the edge of buying an Amiga 500, but I want to
>ask a couple of questions first.  I'm planning to do some non-standard
>things, and I want to make sure they work.
>
>        1) I want to use a Multi-sync moniter.  (Maybe Princeton
>    Graphics new monitor--it's got a (theoretical) dot pitch of
>    .28 mm

The folks at Princeton Graphics haven't tested the Ultrasync with
an Amiga yet. They tell me that they have someone lined up to bring
in an A2000 for testing. I'm hoping they'll make an appearance at
the JAUG meeting this month - I did get their literature today:

	Scan: 15-35KHz horizontal, 45-120Hz vertical
	Dot Pitch: .28mm
	Resolution: 800x600 maximum
	Text Switches: Green, amber, cyan, white on blue
	Tilt and swivel base, non-glare etched screen with dark
	tinted glass.
	CRT: 12" diagonal
	Display Size: 215mm x 160mm
	Video Bandwidth: 30Mhz
	Infinite display colors, Analog and TTL inputs
	1 year parts and service warranty

I did get a look at the Sony CPD-1302 on a Mac II last night - and
it was very sharp. I'm waiting for more information on both the
Sony and the MultiSync II.

Eric

ARPA:	eric@topaz.rutgers.edu			 "Lithium is no longer available
UUCP:	...{wherever!}ulysses!eric		  on credit..."
	...{wherever!}rutgers!topaz!eric		- from Buckaroo Banzai
SNAIL:	34 Maplehurst Ln, Piscataway, NJ 08854

spierce@pnet01.UUCP (12/07/87)

I've been using a Princeton Graphics Ultrasync with my A500 for 2 weeks now,
and I have no complaints whatsoever.
Stuart Pierce