[comp.sys.amiga] Running Manx C under Drew Shell

mother@sunspot.UUCP (Leonard Sitongia) (12/01/87)

I hate to restart an old thread, but Manx cc and make will not run
properly under Drew's shell.  Im using amiga os 1.2, Manx 3.4a and
shell version 2.06m.

Ive tried applying S. Sanders' patch "manxfix" from AmigaLine, but it
didnt fix it.

Ive tried compiling the shell under Manx, but didnt fix it.

Does someone have a fix for this?

Thanks,
Leonard

--
-Leonard E. Sitongia	sunspot VAX system manager
USPS Mail:		National Solar Observatory, Sunspot, NM 88349

rchampe@hubcap.UUCP (Richard Champeaux) (12/02/87)

In article <528@sunspot.UUCP>, mother@sunspot.UUCP (Leonard Sitongia) writes:

> I hate to restart an old thread, but Manx cc and make will not run
> properly under Drew's shell.  Im using amiga os 1.2, Manx 3.4a and
> shell version 2.06m.
>
> -Leonard E. Sitongia	sunspot VAX system manager

    I been using an older version of shell for quite some time, and running
Aztec 3.4a with no trouble.  I just got version 2.06 a couple of days of
days ago, and while the program I've been modifying has been doing some odd
things, I've noticed no problem running the compiler and linker.  What's the
problem you've been having?  Does the compiler not compile?  Or does it
produce bad code?  If its the compiler that doesn't run, then I haven't had
that problem.  If the compiler produces bad code, maybe that's the problem
I've been having with my program.

Rich Champeaux
Clemson University

stroyan@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Mike Stroyan) (12/03/87)

>I hate to restart an old thread, but Manx cc and make will not run
>properly under Drew's shell.  Im using amiga os 1.2, Manx 3.4a and
>shell version 2.06m.

This is a shot in the dark, but perhaps you are having trouble with
the shell's set command vs. the Manx set command.  You need to set
the Manx environment variables with "Set" or before starting shell,
so that the set program runs rather than the shell intrinsic which
sets shell variables that cc can't see.

Mike Stroyan, hpfcla!stroyan

phils@tekig.TEK.COM (Phil Staub) (12/07/87)

In article <5500005@hpfcdc.HP.COM> stroyan@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Mike Stroyan) writes:
[ stuff deleted about problems w/ Manx cc and Steve Drew's shell ]

>This is a shot in the dark, but perhaps you are having trouble with
>the shell's set command vs. the Manx set command.  You need to set
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>the Manx environment variables with "Set" or before starting shell,
>so that the set program runs rather than the shell intrinsic which
>sets shell variables that cc can't see.
>
>Mike Stroyan, hpfcla!stroyan

Nope. You can still access any disk resident command whose name happens to
conflict with a shell built-in by typing the name of the command with one or
more capital letters. Thus "set" gets you the shell's set, and "Set" gets
you the AmigaDOS version.

  .Phil
Phil Staub                     "I do NOT approve. I merely said I UNDERSTAND."
tektronix!tekigm2!phils                                              - Spock
phils@tekigm2.TEK.COM

stroyan@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Mike Stroyan) (12/09/87)

>>the shell's set command vs. the Manx set command.  You need to set
>>the Manx environment variables with "Set" or before starting shell,
                                            ^^
                                            ^^
                                            ^^