[comp.sys.amiga] 2 loonies = 1 Dubloonie

Dave@daami.vnet.van-bc.UUCP (Dave Allen) (12/14/87)

>From: kruger@whyvax.dec.com (Endorsed by 1-eyed mutants for nuclear power)

>Why on earth should anyone buy a Wedge for $849 when Abel computer (and many
>other mail order places, I'm sure) sell the Supradrive for $723.00?

Lets see. $849 Canadian times .76 equals 645.24. Good reason?

>The Supradrive is SCSI, which is nice, and the drive is faster (40ms) for the
>20M package. I believe the 40M drive is $913 (again, Abel's price). So how is
>the Wedge such a bargain? It is a hack, and a clever one, but it can't compete.

Ok. Since this is the second message of this type I will post a new
message with prices in US Dollars and I will make sure it is marked
appropriately. Where the hell is Canada anyway?

>dov
>[If my opinions aren't mine, who the hell owns them?]

Nobody I know. You can take a kid to the library but you can't make
him read. -mine

+ Dave Allen - President of PANORAMA -   Pacific Northwest Amiga Association  +
+                  - "I can't stop Multitasking" - Write: 9651 Alexandra Rd.  +
+         //                                    Richmond, B.C. Canada V6X 1C6 +
+        //                  or: Dave Allen UUCP: dave@daami.van-bc.UUCP      +
+     \\//             or: {ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision,uunet}!van-bc!daami!dave +