[comp.sys.amiga] POPCLI III Another Bug

rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) (12/06/87)

	Well, it seems there is another bug in Popcli III.
	Just try
		1> run popcli 30
	and then press Left-Amiga-Esc: the drive (where c: is) spins for
	a moment and nothing happens.
	The new 'screen-blanker' works all right but the automatic launch
	is defeated.
	Same for values of 10 and 40 seconds.
	I didn't have time to figure out the limit value for which Popcli will
	work (it works with default value and 240s).
	Anyway, despite I *love* the new feature (let's keep the secret :-),
	I'd rather have the old screen-blanker : at least I can sleep while
	the Amiga is still on and working, and also it won't eat CPU-time I
	need for Ray-tracing !!
--

*- Francois Rouaix                    /       When the going gets tough,     *
*- USENET:rouaix@inria.inria.fr     \/            the guru goes meditating...*

ali@rocky.STANFORD.EDU (Ali Ozer) (12/15/87)

In article <587@inria.UUCP> rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) writes:
> [talking about PopCLI III] ...
> and also it won't eat CPU-time I need for Ray-tracing !!

Actually Tom runs the screen blanker as a low priority task, and your ray
tracing (provided it's running at 0 or -5 or something reasonable) should
get all the CPU it wants... Of course, the input handler has to to run a
high priority (to so that it can look at the input stream), and that
caused some of PopCLI III's problems...

Ali Ozer, ali@rocky.stanford.edu

BTW: Reminder to those of you who have FTP access and who want the BKDC
demos asap --- They are available on sushi.stanford.edu, in <bkdc>.
More and more are available everyday --- check out the file README for info.
(The files are not compressed --- mainly because Sushi is a Dec20.)