[comp.sys.amiga] Mandala System

In article <3198@megaron.arizona.edu> malibo@arizona.edu (Rob McConeghy) writes:
>In article <8712132054.AA04823@jade.berkeley.edu>, MOLNARRM@UREGINA1.BITNET (Dennis Robert Gorrie) writes:
>> icons.  I know a custom digitizer would be expensive, but not that much, as
>> well I did not believe that the software should be that sophisticated.  So, I
>> asked them why they were asking $35,000 (U.S. Funds) for the system.  They said
>> their target was professional type entertainment, performers, and rock groups.
>> For these groups, money was no consideration, and $35,000 was a drop in the
>> bucket....
>
>   Talk about run-away capitalism! Why dont they just lease the system for
>   10% of the gate at any rock concert it is used at.
>   For use in a professional video, I would suggest a one time fee of
>   50,000 plus 5% of the royalties, if any.

Gosh, what helpfull advice. Whay dont you call (416) 555-1212 and
get Very Vivid's phone number and tell them this priceless information.

I'm sure they are just dieing to hear from you.

>> The developers of the system did say they were considering a cheaper consumer
>> version.
>>
>> Whatever the components or cost of the Mandala system may be, the
>> demonstration they performed, called VERY VIVID, was exactly that.  It sticks
>
>    Any rock-group stupid enough to fork over that kind of money for
>    something that Leo could probably hack together in a weekend and
>    distribute for free (software only of course, you will need a
>    little extra hardware but nothing that isn't already available for
>    a lot less than $2000) deserves to end its days in the 1/2 price bin
>    at K-Mart or as a special offer from K-Tel Records. Come to think of
>    it most rock groups will end up there anyway.

1) As noted, $35,000 is spit to most big rock groups. They consume more
than that much money on drugs in just one night.

2) Thats right buddy, Leo has nothing better to do than wait for you to
give him ideas. How bout it Leo, you busy this weekend ? Feel like
putting Very Vivid out of buisness ? And can I still get my packet
switch network the weekend after ?

3) Aha. End up on K-Tel records. Yeah, who needs the Beatles, Stones,
Kinks, Dead, et. al. They never had much of an impact anyway......

--
"Well they say, that Santa Fe, is more, than 90 miles away"

UUCP: {ihnp4!crash, hplabs!hp-sdd!crash}!gryphon!richard
INET: richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"Something is worth exactly what you can get for it. Not a penny more,
not a penny less"

		-- William T. Innes, _Exotic Aquarium Fishes_