[comp.sys.amiga] Tractor feed disk labels

bryce@hoser.berkeley.edu (Bryce Nesbitt) (12/13/87)

In article <615@trwspf.TRW.COM> knurlin@trwspf.UUCP (Scott Karlin) writes:
>I am looking for 2 3/4" wide x 2" tall tractor feed
>printer labels so I can label my [90mm] disks. **
>Does anyone know a good source?

QuickLabels.  7 * 7mm.  Tractor Feed, non-smear, removable, won't fall
off.  Great stuff.
$19 for a pack of 201 labels, or $18 if you buy in multiples of 2 packs.

IdeaForm Inc.
PO Box 1540
Fairfield, IA  52556
(515) 472-7256
Shipping $3.00.  Iowa tax, 4%.

Be sure to indicate what computer you plan to use them on.  (This lets the
marketing department send you the proper type of junk mail about
disk cataloging products.)

Disclaimer: Just a satisfied customer.

** 90mm is the proper size for what some people call "3.5 inch" disks.
The world is metric, catch up, America.

|\ /|  . Ack! (NAK, SOH, EOT)
{o O} . bryce@hoser.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!hoser!bryce
 (")
  U	WARNING: hoser's spool directory eats a *lot* of mail. :-(

stever@videovax.Tek.COM (Steven E. Rice, P.E.) (12/16/87)

In article <22155@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, Bryce Nesbitt
(bryce@hoser.berkeley.edu) writes:

> In article <615@trwspf.TRW.COM> knurlin@trwspf.UUCP (Scott Karlin) writes:
>> I am looking for 2 3/4" wide x 2" tall tractor feed
>> printer labels so I can label my 3-1/2" [90mm] disks. **
>> Does anyone know a good source?
>
> QuickLabels.  7 * 7mm.  Tractor Feed, non-smear, removable, won't fall
                ^^^^^^^
                slightly over 1/4" square. . .

> off.  Great stuff.
> $19 for a pack of 201 labels, or $18 if you buy in multiples of 2 packs.

Isn't this a bit high for such small labels?  [ 8^) ]

> . . .

> ** 90mm is the proper size for what some people call "3.5 inch" disks.
> The world is metric, catch up, America.

One problem with using translations of units people have grown up with
is that they often don't have much physical meaning.  Bryce undoubtedly
meant to write 70 x 70 mm (or 7 x 7 cm).  He certainly would have caught
the error if he had used English units, instead!

					Steve Rice

* JESUS Is The REASON For The SEASON!  (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year) *
new: stever@videovax.tv.Tek.com
old: {decvax | hplabs | ihnp4 | uw-beaver}!tektronix!videovax!stever

Roy_S_Laufer@cup.portal.com (12/18/87)

I bought a package of 500 labels (2-3/4 x 2-3/4) for 3-1/2 inch floppies for
9.95.  The package includes label software, which is unfortunately for an
Atari, but you can reformat it and use it as a free floppy!

The address is :STation
                P.O. Box 75
                Wayne, MI 48184
                1-800-225-5878

Good luck! (If you hear about a cheaper price please tell me!
                                                     -RSL-