[comp.sys.amiga] QNX and the A2000

hurley@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Patrick Hurley) (12/16/87)

Is there anyone out there running QNX on the 2000?
If so, I would appreciate any information regarding
performance, bugs and any related "connectivity"
considerations. ( ie what networking boards work
on the IBM side of the 2000 and how well do they
work given the scenario of running QNX on the 2000?)
Please reply to above or alexew@watdcsu

harald@ccicpg.UUCP ( Harald Milne) (12/18/87)

In article <4220@watdcsu.waterloo.edu>, hurley@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Patrick Hurley) writes:
> Is there anyone out there running QNX on the 2000?

	What is QNX?

> If so, I would appreciate any information regarding
> performance, bugs and any related "connectivity"
> considerations. ( ie what networking boards work
> on the IBM side of the 2000 and how well do they work
> given the scenario of running QNX on the 2000?)

	I'm currently running a 3-Com Ethernet card on on the IBM buss. Is this
this the bus you are talking about?

	CBM mentions another card in their 2088 manual, but I don't have it
handy, it's at work. I'm also running Sun's PC-NFS software to connect.

	No problems, so far. Im beating this to configuration to death, and
it works well.

	Performance? I don't know what QNX is, so I can't tell you about
software performance. Im currently running the Acorn RISC processor on the
IBM buss. The throughput is bottled up in that poor 8-bit 8088 running at
4.77 MHZ. If you want more throughput, I would hold out for the upcoming
80286 or 80386 bridgecards, if and when they appear. (They surfaced at
COMDEX).

> Please reply to above or alexew@watdcsu

	You got it.

--
Work: Computer Consoles Inc. (CCI), Advanced Development Group (ADG)
      Irvine, CA (RISCy business! Home of the CCI POWER 6/32)