[comp.sys.amiga] Me & this compiler of mine.... Lattice

jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Mad Flax) (12/16/87)

[Take this!]

I have a couple of questions regarding Lattice..
First the background:
I tried using the dopen(), dclose(), dread(), dwrite()
functions, but the linker barfed. After looking in dos.h I found
all were mentioned as _<function-name> except dwrite.
Tried calling them with the underscore, and it worked..
Now: Is this something specific to my compiler? (ver. 4.0)
Am I doing something wrong? And last, is dwrite in dos.h<compressed>
different from the one in dos.h on disk #3? (Assuming I am right when I
think the real world and my manual have different opinions)
Or have I just flipped past the wrong pages in my manual?? ;-)

toebes@sas.UUCP (John Toebes) (12/20/87)

In article <584@kuling.UUCP>, jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Mad Flax) writes:
> I have a couple of questions regarding Lattice..
> I tried using the dopen(), dclose(), dread(), dwrite()
> functions, but the linker barfed. After looking in dos.h I found

No, you are not doing anything wrong.  We renamed the routines to _dread,
_dopen, _dclose, _dread and _dwrite because of conflicts with names
chosen in earlier versions of VT100.  Just put an underscore in front of
the names and you are fine (or #define dopen _dopen...)

/*---------------------All standard Disclaimers apply---------------------*/
/*----Working for but not officially representing SAS or Lattice Inc.-----*/
/*----John A. Toebes, VIII             usenet:...!mcnc!rti!sas!toebes-----*/
/*------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

dca@toylnd.UUCP (David C. Albrecht) (12/21/87)

> I have a couple of questions regarding Lattice..
> I tried using the dopen(), dclose(), dread(), dwrite()

No.  You were using them correctly, Lattice screwed up.  I was using
dopen, dclose, and dwrite in Air Warrior and they went poof when it
switched from 3.10 to 4.0.  Since open, read, write are virtually
direct Amigados calls I just switched to use them.  You'll find
the doc for open under the 'nofill' title (somebody dropped a
formatter directive).

David Albrecht