[comp.sys.amiga] DisMount drives from A2000: How ?

schwarz@infbs.UUCP (12/01/87)

Subject: How to DisMount external drives from A2000 ?

An external drive (5.25") is automatically acknowledged by Amiga while
booting.It is named "df2:". The machine knows it as 80 track Amiga drive.
I look for a way to logically dismount this drive after booting like by
a "DisMount"-command (The only way I know is to connect the drive first
after booting). Do someone know whether a little program is available
doing this job ? Is there someone who can tell me how to take away "df2"
from device list without getting help from guru ... ?

Thank you for all help.
Peter Jonas

UUCP: 	..!uunet!mcvax!unido!infbs!schwarz
BITNET:	 schwarz@dbsinf6.bitnet

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (12/21/87)

 I tried sending this to you via mail, but got it returned 3 times.

In article <20800005@infbs.UUCP> schwarz@infbs.UUCP writes:
>Subject: How to DisMount external drives from A2000 ?
>
>An external drive (5.25") is automatically acknowledged by Amiga while
			      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  I assume you are not using a 1020 drive because our 5.25" drive does
  *NOT* automatically configure. You must first `mount' it before it
  is acknowledged by Amy.

>booting.It is named "df2:". The machine knows it as 80 track Amiga drive.
						     ^^ ^^^^^
  Again - not our 5.25" drive. Ours is only 40 track(s).

>I look for a way to logically dismount this drive after booting like by
>a "DisMount"-command (The only way I know is to connect the drive first
>after booting). Do someone know whether a little program is available
>doing this job ? Is there someone who can tell me how to take away "df2"
>from device list without getting help from guru ... ?

  Sorry to say that there is no way (that I know of) to DISmount a device
  once it is mounted.

--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			Bix: dschein	     Plink: Dan*CATS