[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 lockup

brianr@tekig4.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) (12/17/87)

I am  having some difficulties with my A2000/Bridgeboard system
that I'd very much appreciate some helpful advice on.

I have a hard disk attached to the IBM bridge card, with an Amiga partition
for use as JH0.  After activating "PCMono" via the Workbench, the Amiga
seems to loose its ability to access its partition (JH0:) on the bridge's
hard disk;  any CLI or Workbench control input which requires access to
JH0: "hangs".   This lockup doesn't always happen immediately after opening
the IBM window, but does happen within a very few IBM command executions.
The IBM window still works, even after the Amiga windows are hung up.

Is this a common problem?   Have I done something stupid?

Pre-gratefully,

Brian Rhodefer

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (12/21/87)

In article <2260@tekig4.TEK.COM> brianr@tekig4.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) writes:
>I am  having some difficulties with my A2000/Bridgeboard system
>that I'd very much appreciate some helpful advice on.
>
>I have a hard disk attached to the IBM bridge card, with an Amiga partition
>for use as JH0.  After activating "PCMono" via the Workbench, the Amiga
>seems to loose its ability to access its partition (JH0:) on the bridge's
>hard disk;  any CLI or Workbench control input which requires access to
>JH0: "hangs".   This lockup doesn't always happen immediately after opening
>the IBM window, but does happen within a very few IBM command executions.
>The IBM window still works, even after the Amiga windows are hung up.
>
>Is this a common problem?   Have I done something stupid?
>
>Pre-gratefully,
>
>Brian Rhodefer

  In my pre 2000 days I ran a 1000 with SideCar and a 20meg hardcard that
 I had partitioned for 2meg MS-DOS and 18meg AmigaDOS. I never lost my JH0:
 partion when I started the PCWindow program (IE: PCMono or PCColor). So I
 think you may have done something wrong because that is not a common problem.
--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			Bix: dschein	     Plink: Dan*CATS